Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help. Dog pee off parents pale blue carpet.

• 17-09-2012 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

Help; I'm in big trouble. I m hiding out in mylarents place due to building works in my house; they're on holidays. When they cone back RiGHT inside the door on the pale blue wool carpet is a big puddle of pee that no amount of dabbing or soaking in water & scrubbing has improved.

I should have known the dog was barking to go out & not at the postman.

My folks will NOT understand. Emergency solutions please :(
    I have today only & then both I and fido are for the firing range :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Any cleaning you manage to do will still likely leave a mark on the carpet which then fades over a number of weeks.

Your best option is to maybe contact a proper cleaning company like Chemdry, but I imagine even they won't be able to guarantee that they can get the mark out.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

DIY.. get youself into Woodies DIY, they rent out a machine to wash the carpet, its about €25 for 24 hours (not sure of price) .

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Get down to woodies or one of those and rent a rug doctor and go to town on the whole carpet not just where the stain is. That or by a rug while you're there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I may have to leave town : (
    I can't believe dogpee is so BROWN :(
    Woodies carpet Hoover gadget was inspired ; we'll see if it's spotted ....
    Thanks for all suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I can't believe dogpee is so BROWN :(
    Its the ammonia in it, it actually kind of "burns" it a bit. I once ruined a pure wool carpet after using washing machine vanish neat on it. Owner was seriously peed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Buy a nice rug and plonk it on top of stain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

aujopimur wrote: »
    Buy a nice rug and plonk it on top of stain.

...nice rugs ... But I'm trying to hide it: not draw attention to the area! My folks would look under it straight off!!! Maybe for my house thou!

In the firing line tonight: went over but nothing was said : either they havn't noticed or they've noticed & have decided to say nothing, or save it up :0
    Fingers crossed :0
    Shocked that it's burn marks :0
    Futures not so bright so if it stays permanently .
    It's very feint now TG

Advertisement