Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sd cards

Options
  • 17-09-2012 10:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

hiya , im looking at a couple of sd cards in argos, and theres a tiny bit of price difference, but im not sure whether to go for the cheaper one, im going to film a show at a local theatre tomorrow night, the cards are both class 10, one is 30mb/s and the other is 20mb/s .

will i be ok with the 20mb/s?? im going to film at 1280x720 50fps, im new to video and have not sure what kind of problems i might come up against!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

it depends on what kind of camera your using, take a look at the manual and see what they recommend, if it's a new camera it's almost certainly be AVCHD and most cameras will work with class 6 and above. The speed per second is the read/write speed usually how fast you can log it to your computer.
    There is some advantage in having a faster card because most cams writes in sequences, not continuously on the card. So the bigger the write speed the better.
    I have a Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5E and they recommend class 4 or higher, I use class 10 and never had any problems.

Id guess youd be grand with those two cards.

Advertisement