Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere for a nice meal

Options
  • 17-09-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Hi all I'm completely unfamiliar with eating out in Sligo and am hoping for some help, where in the town would be best for s nice meal for 2 (treating the girlfriend ;) ) nothing massively expensive, I'm not a rich man. Even somewhere nearby to Sligo town would suit

Cheers Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Sligo and it's surrounds are awash with good restaurants, some cheap, some expensive. A lot are reviewed on the Sticky Thread on this forum "Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo". Worth a read. My two cents and top three would be : Donaghys, Coach Lane - The Venue, Strandhill - Eala Ban, Rockwood Parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

For me it's eala ban, fancy but not overpriced or Bistro Bianconi, lovely food, great portions and reasonable but a somewhat limited menu. donaghys is great but i always find it very expensive. there is also a chinese all you can eat in the market yard, i've never had the buffet but order take out from there too much:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

swagman bar has really tasty food for really reasonable prices and a nice vibe. not fine dining but i think you'll like it and you can spend the money you save on drinks! i find with a lot of the more expensive places you end up feeling ripped off for what you end up getting. they stop serving food at 7 tho mind.

Advertisement