Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plannin permission for 40ft Container

Options
  • 17-09-2012 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

i am about to start building a house, and am thinking of getting a 40 ft container , to store building materials, tools etc at the site, as there is no other sheds or anything nearby.

do i need to get planning permission for to put this container here?

Hardly !!??!!

Jo

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If its just for the duration of the build, I don't see any issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

DOCARCH wrote: »
    If its just for the duration of the build, I don't see any issue.

thanks.

what if i like it, (which im sure it will remain very usefull after the build), and want to leave it there?

would i get away with it do you think ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Questionable! You might not get away with it unless the external finish of your house is ribbed metal! :D

There was a thread on here just recently regarding same issue if you search through.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 profplanner

Your okay as long as its only placed there and used in conjunction with the build but it must be removed as soon as the build completed.

If you want to retain it after, you'll need permission.

Advertisement