Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bundaberg

Options
  • 17-09-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Any of you guys in bundaberg? Leave Sydney tomorrow for bundaberg via brisbane! Hope to get some regional work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

ben10afc wrote: »
    Any of you guys in bundaberg? Leave Sydney tomorrow for bundaberg via brisbane! Hope to get some regional work
    No but I'd consider it if there's work there.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

Yea well there big harvest starts in october so just getting up early to try garuntee some work, will keep in touch and let you know how I'm getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Know a few people up there, a handful of hostels full of backpackers all trying to get work through the hostels, find out that morning if you're working, could go for days without work with nothing to do but sit around the hostel all day, waiting. Would take a lot longer than 3 months to get your 88days done. Of course this was in march and the stories of people getting work through their hostel, if you managed to get employed directly and there for the harvest then could be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

Yeah I have heard a lot of mixed storys, people not getting work,people making good money etc etc, although this is the best time of year to get work up there and if I don't get the work within a week or two I'm gone, I want to be back in sydney for christmas so I fully understand I'll be back at the farming for maybe a couple of weeks to a month after the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

So lads any work here?

• Advertisement
Advertisement