Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mullallovic

What are the 17 analogue channels that are available by default?

Is setanta Ireland one of them?

I get these..... Again in D5.
    Rte 1
    Rte 2
    Bbc1 NI
    BBC2
    Utv
    Channel 4
    Sky 1
    Discovery
    Nick
    Sky news
    MTV
    Tv3
    3e
    Tg4
    Sky living
    E4
    Setanta Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

You get a few less in Galway through UPC's analogue, iirc it's:

RTE 1
    RTE 2
    BBC1 NI
    BBC2
    UTV
    Channel 4
    Sky News
    TV3
    3e
    TG4
    Setanta Ireland

It did have more, but 5/6 disappeared earlier this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Could someone take a couple of pictures and post them here just to show what to do. Getting my 150meg tomorrow. Hello UPC, goodbye imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 patrickowens1

So is this still working post-switchover??? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mullallovic

still works for me - have the 17 channels from previous post.

there was a upc message scrolling across before the switchover that this service wouldnt be affected and then trying to get you to go digital.

its all good - i get the 17 channels I would watch most and its free with UPC broadband - for the moment anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Yep, working perfectly as before. Nothing different after the analogue cut-off

• Registered Users Posts: 45 patrickowens1

Cheers folks - might as well get the 40 quid UPC broadband so and see...

Might still end up stumping up the hundred quid for the ariva 250 combo box for the free to air and saorview though. Might be a shame to waste the HD telly!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ajarms86

loki7777 wrote: »
    I think that is the way it works. I will go into the town in few minutes and try to buy all that i check it.

So just checking but did the small connector in your last post work? I am trying to set up the same (BB + free basic channels) if I connect the tv it works and if I connect the internet box seperately it works but not sure what kind of "double adaptor" can I use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

ajarms86 wrote: »
    So just checking but did the small connector in your last post work? I am trying to set up the same (BB + free basic channels) if I connect the tv it works and if I connect the internet box seperately it works but not sure what kind of "double adaptor" can I use?
    I didn't get it here. But if You are talking about the 2way splitter(any of them will do) it works perfect:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

ajarms86 wrote: »

Back in the days of Cablelink, you would have a splitter on the wall, one connection for Tv, the other connection was for FM radio - for those that might have a stereo that needed a coxial connection on the back to get a decent reception

So you take off that splitter and replace it with a splitter that has two or more TV feeds - this or this.
    Straight-forward coax cable from one feed to modem, and likewise a coax cable from splitter to TV decoder for digital UPC or straight to TV if you want analogue UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

So you take off that splitter and replace it with a splitter that has two or more TV feeds - this or this.
    I don't know about anyone else but I got one of those in the box with the cables etc. when I switched to UPC.

Advertisement