Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Visa - Fake it or do the work?

Options
  • 17-09-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi All,
    I'm just wondering how possible it is to apply for the 2nd year with out having done the work? If you can get an abn number, name, address and are willling not to leave the country for a further 12 months? Is it possible to apply and if questions are asked, withdraw the application and go do the work if plan A fails? Its cheeky I know but....

Thanks,
    H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

Facepalm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Holly_Golightly

Ha ha thanks! I just like to explore all avenues! I'm not saying I would but I know ppl who have and have gotten away with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Always a wonderful idea to post about defrauding and committing an offence against a state on the internet

I am asking a question, that is all! Its is in the news and has been discussed in the media. All I am asking is, how common is it? Whether it be stupid or an immoral route to take. I'm just curious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I am asking a question, that is all! Its is in the news and has been discussed in the media. All I am asking is, how common is it? Whether it be stupid or an immoral route to take. I'm just curious :)
    If you think fraud isn't immoral then it's not a problem for you. However the problem about having uncertain morals is that you probably won't realise when someone is defrauding you. The limits we set in our behaviour towards others define how they treat us so don't come on here giving out about intolerant Australians if they boot you out.

• Advertisement

catbear wrote: »
    If you think fraud isn't immoral then it's not a problem for you. However the problem about having uncertain morals is that you probably won't realise when someone is defrauding you. The limits we set in our behaviour towards others define how they treat us so don't come on here giving out about intolerant Australians if they boot you out.

Hold your horses people before you start with the above!!! I am simple looking to open the discussion of how common it is today in society for people to make an application without having done the work? Of course fraud is immoral but that is not the question I am asking!!! Like I said I am just curious to know... It is wrong I agree but that is another day's discussion...I am asking the question, how common is it for ppl to fake it? That is all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

What's there to discuss, you want to hear stories from people who may have successfully made fraudulent applications and used employers ABN numbers without their knowledge or consent.

All you're trying to ascertain is if there is any risk of getting caught for fraud. You haven't stated anything else you'd like to discuss that doesn't involve fraud. Worm it anyway you want but remember that Holly Golightly lived a fantasy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod you are not looking for an open discussion, very clear by your first post. "Fake it or do the work" is not asking for open discussion.
    Read the charter no illegal visa discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement