Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tune e string to drop d - keep breaking string

Options
  • 17-09-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Trying to play everlong by the foo fighters and I need to tune e string to d but keep snappin the e string
    what am i doing wrong
    used to be able to do it but just keep breaking strings, am I doin somethin obviously stupid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Might seem stupid but are you trying to tune it DOWN by a tone? The only reason I can think of you breaking it is trying to tune it UP to D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭sundodger5

which way are you tuning? sounds like you are trying to tune up to a D.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As the others have said, make sure you're tuning down to D, not up. Twist the tuning peg so that the seventh fret on your low E string sounds the same note as the open A string above it.

Other things to check are to make sure the string is anchored properly at the bridge and is secured properly at the head of the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Don17

Oh how stupid am I, I was tuning it up to D not down.
    Its the simple things you never think of

My excuse is i haven't played in a few months

Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement