Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Morrison's death

• 17-09-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭

It's one of the weirdest deaths I read in music. Jim Morrison died in 1971 in Paris a the age of 27. Yes that's right, he's a member of the 27 club. What i've read of his death are as follows.

1. According to his companion who he was with at the time, Pamela Courson. Morrison died of a Heroin overdose after mistakenly snorting it thinking it was Cocaine, which caused him to hemorage. Pam fell a sleep without calling for medical help, and Morrison bled to bled to death in his bathtub.

2.Another account says, that Morrison took heroine and was coughing badly and puking up blood. But later stopped, and seemlingly recovered but of course died. Again the account says Pam fell asleep while he was dying. Something interesting about this, is that his fellow band mates claimed he'd been coughing blood for months. This leads me to wonder, if he was coughing blood for months, how did he die from a heroine overdose which eledgely caused him to cough blood, or am I reading this wrong?

3. A final account says, that Morrison visited a nightclub to buy drugs. He went into to the toilet to try some and died on the toilet. The club owner apparently paid to drug dealers to bring him back to his apartment where they left him in a bathtub and told Pam, not to say a word of it for fear of damaging the image and reputation of the club he had been at. This account is from the night club owner himself.

So as you can see some very conflicting accounts I think. It should be noted that there was no autopsy so it's hard to really know what killed him. But I think everything points to him dying of a drug overdose. But maybe, just maybe that might be wrong and he died from an undisclosed medical condition. He also apparently had asthma or some medical condition, so he could have died from that but because he was into drugs people speculate it was an overdose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Speaking as a huge fan of The Doors, I have to say there are few things more pointless than speculating about Jim Morrison's death.

But as you're interested, it's worth noting that you haven't listed one credible witness above (and I would include the other band members in that). If you can find one you'll have done some valuable research. But given that people have been looking at this case for over 40 years and no reliable account of what exactly happened has emerged, I don't fancy your chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

There was an excellent article in Classic Rock a while back that did shed new light on the events surrounding Morrison's death. I have the magazine but I'm not sure if it's available online. Worth a read if you come across it, but as GoldenTickets says, at this stage any speculation is a pretty pointless exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Maybe he died due to being a complete spa who didn't know when to quit? Let it go I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Maybe he died due to being a complete spa who didn't know when to quit? Let it go I say.

Maybe he didn't want to quit. It was a time afterall, when drugs were very much a big part of the music scene.

Advertisement