Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which tv and broadband to go with in Dublin?

• 17-09-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice:

I hardly watch tv at all so all I need are basic channels- living in rented place with no ariel so I don't think saorview is an option.

Also looking for basic BB, enough speed for browsing and watching youtube etc.

Rang UPC, 66 PER MONTH:eek: no thanks.

I know sky has a half price tv offer some homes have been offered, bringing the basic pack to 12.50. Imagine bb have their basic pack 'half price' at 25.

are the above two option the best value to suit my needs? Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

UPC's package isn't actually THAT pricy when you consider that you're going to be paying at least €30 / month for drastically inferior DSL broadband + phone + line rental anyway.

Smart Telecom (if it's in your area) will do up to 24mbit/s for about 29.99/month + no calls other than Smart-to-Smart.

You can also just get UPC broadband without the digital TV package although they whack you with a €7.88 surcharge for a non-bundled product. The logic seeming to be that the line also carries 16 channel analogue TV (except in Cork City) although they don't advertise this.

You could get bundled broadband & phone only for €44/month from them and then just get an TV antenna on top of your telly for Saorview if you don't want to watch TV.

& seemingly 4 months half price if you sign up online.

Advertisement