Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe help please

Options
  • 17-09-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

For ages now I've been trying to find a nice recipe for pepper sauce. I have tried countless recipes and I have never found one that I like. I'm looking for something restaurant quality but not overly fussy and I am a competent cook. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It's one of those things that's just trial and error, imo. I make mine by deglazing the steak pan with about half a glass of red wine, then adding about a tablespoon of coarsely crushed black peppercorns and 250ml cream. Bring to the boil, then simmer until reduced to your preferred consistency. Seemples.

This gives quite a purple sauce, mind you, so you could also deglaze the pan with white wine or brandy if you wanted a paler sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

I also deglaze the pan by cooking mushrooms and onions in butter until caramelised, remove and toast a good measure of crush peppercorns AND ground pepper (black and white) in the pan
    Return veg to pan and add cream or creme fraiche or 50:50! Yummy with pasta or rice as well! and u dont have to cook steak- u can do this with chicken, pork or lamb!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd be the same as all_smilz

Add a knob of butter, cook some mushrooms and onions with a good pich of salt and plenty of freshly cracked pepper and then add cream and reduce, the water from the veg will deglaze the pan and anything you don't get up will come up when you add the cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

sorry my first post as said above splash some wine in the pan and mix with the ediment and reduce to a syrup while you let your steak rest for a min or two then pour juice from steak back to pan then over steak
    sorry i can't spell to good
    i can cook\:pac:

adding white wine or red would help
    there is a few pointers that would help if you or anybody needs to no
    i douth it thought a lot of people seem to no what they are at

• Advertisement

lots of black pepper grinded into the onions at the start is a easy way to make it taste good works at home here anyway

brandy, whisky or any spirits will help
    and lots of pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

HungryFish wrote: »
    For ages now I've been trying to find a nice recipe for pepper sauce. I have tried countless recipes and I have never found one that I like. I'm looking for something restaurant quality but not overly fussy and I am a competent cook. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What is it about the recipes that you've tried that you don't like?

Advertisement