Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional work October

Options
  • 17-09-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey guys I head to Sydney on Thursday staying for about 10 days before heading off to do some regional work.

Does anyone over there know where a good place to find work at this time of the year is? Would be looking at fruit picking. Harvest trail isnt showing up anything and neither is fruit picking jobs on facebook. If possible I would prefer SA, Vic or NSW.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Check in and around mildura. There's heaps of fruit farms around that area

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭leverarch12

Thanks that place looks great, have contacted a few working hostels in the area so hopefully Il hear back about work there soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SyntonFenix

Has anyone got recommendations for regional work around Perth or the rest of WA?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

I'm in bundaberg now things are starting to pick up up here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I hear Katherine in Darwin is a good place to be with Mango season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Esse85 wrote: »
    I hear Katherine in Darwin is a good place to be with Mango season.

Mango picking pays good money. Google 'mango rash' before ya decide to go though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Grabber

Hey guys I'm starting my fruit picking the start of next week hopefully on a farm outside shepparton, there seems to be a lot of places up around this area... Give a shout back if anyone is their or headin in that direction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Grabber wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm starting my fruit picking the start of next week hopefully on a farm outside shepparton, there seems to be a lot of places up around this area... Give a shout back if anyone is their or headin in that direction!!
    What will you be picking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Grabber

Think it's mainly pears, apples, peaches....But I'm hoping to be in the packing shed instead of outside doing the actual picking as its supposed to be easier and I wouldnt be the best in the sun:)

Advertisement