Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kapp & Peterson are moving!

• 17-09-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

After 90 years in Grafton Street Kapp & Peterson have to move. Seemingly another consequence of upward only rent reviews.

Actually they dropped the Kapp part of their name some time ago – but I still think of them by that name.

Thankfully they are not moving far – just around the corner to Nassau Street – near where Mortons Jewellers used to be.

I reckon that I have been going into that shop for forty years, I love the place. While it's a shame that they are moving the staff tell me that the new premises will be an even better experience for pipe and cigar smokers.

They are moving over the coming weekend and the old premises will be closing on Thursday so if you need to stock up get a move on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

a fantastic shop with great staff - wonder if they'll have a sampling area in the new premises (too much to hope for i suppose)

as a kid many years ago i used to accompany my grandfather to their branch at the corner of bachelors walk & o'connell st. for his monthly purchase of upmann coronas !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I don't know about a sampling area but the walk-in humidor will be much larger and will be in the basement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hope they put a nice old leather armchair in the humidor for me to sit in for an hour or two once a week.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement