Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Rate Timer

Options
  • 17-09-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Having some issues with my night rate electricity, storage heater is charging up during the day rather than at night. The ESB have suggested that I check the meter timer to read the times it's on for, I have no idea where I might find this?
    I live in an apartment-would it usually be inside the apartment or down by the meters? I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I looked up some images online but these really vary, so any advise would be brilliant!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

if you're sure they're 'charging ' during the day -the timing is wrong and esbn will have to fix it

some heaters are combis -they can power up during the day

is there a caretaker or someone you can get assistance from to check timing and confirm it?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

M cebee wrote: »
    if you're sure they're 'charging ' during the day -the timing is wrong and esbn will have to fix it

some heaters are combis -they can power up during the day

is there a caretaker or someone you can get assistance from to check timing and confirm it?

I don't think so I have never seen anyone around, there is a management company which I could call I guess.

I do have two switches one for instant and one for night rate, so it's definitely the night mode which I currently have the heater in. Any idea what these timers look like? Should it be located next to the meters for the apartment block? I can access the meter.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

probably in the vicinity of meter or the actual meter itself(i assume its esbn timing)

you do know that the heaters release the heat during the day after they charge?you prob do anyhow but just to be sure

Advertisement