Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Based Media Centre

Options
  • 17-09-2012 3:28pm

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.

In a nutshell - I want to set up a media centre in my living room.

I will have my PC to the left side of the room, and my LCDTV over the fireplace.

I want to have the PC connected to the TV via HDMI and then it will be also hooked up to my two monitors via DVI. This is so I can watch stuff on the TV and also to use the new STEAM TV interface.

I also have a WD Media Hub with a network port. This plugs into the TV by the second HDMI port.

Ok - so here comes the questions.

If I want to have other media (tablet / TV) elsewhere, is there anyway I can bring it into that little network circle, or is there a better way of linking everything together? I'm trying to keep it as neat and fast as possible, but also want it downstairs so that my kids can use it and I don't have to go upstairs to use the PC.

Has anyone done anything similar - how did you find it? I have a spare USB network device as well.

Advertisement