Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter-bank EFT

Options
  • 17-09-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Do Bank of Ireland not offer this service except online? I had to transfer a sum of money from BOI to Ulster Bank today and couldn't use Internet Banking. I went in to the cash services desk and was told that I could only get an EFT if the other account was BOI as well. I ended up carrying around a Bank Draft for the amount for half the day, not the most secure feeling in the world.

If I had my phone I could have used Internet Banking, so there doesn't appear to be a problem doing inter-bank EFTs, the only problem seems to be trying to get them done in person.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi TouchingVirus,

Thanks for your question.

Transferring to non BOI accounts in a branch is not a service we provide. As you correctly mention, the option is available online.

It is possible to make Same Day Money Transfers (SDMT) to non BOI accounts in the branch. Please note that these transfers are expensive - €25.35 and SDMT's have a minimum transfer limit of €25,000

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the response. Do you forsee yourselves offering this service at any time in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi TouchingVirus,

We have no immediate plans to offer this service in the future. If this should change we will post details here on the forum.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement