Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citibank

Options
  • 17-09-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why Irish residents cant bank with Citibank? Its in their T&Cs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Citibank here provides financial services for large companies. Wasn't aware they offered any consumer products which may be what it is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Citi is one of the world's largest consumer and retail banks but does not operate such facilities in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

ah yes what I meant is I am based and paying tax in a foreign country where they have many branches but I am still blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ah yes what I meant is I am based and paying tax in a foreign country where they have many branches but I am still blocked

But if you are not resident in Ireland, how come a "Irish Resident" rule applies to you?

But if you are not resident in Ireland, how come a "Irish Resident" rule applies to you?

Ordinary domicile rules evidently....just wondering why this would be though. Do we have strange rules in Ireland that no one else has? (thats prob a silly way to phrase it, but you get my drift)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

This doesn't make sense; domicile and residence are different (complementary) concepts. I know plenty of Irish nationals/domiciliaries with Citi accounts. Where is it stated?

well seems moot now..I will look at the t&c when i go back and post the link....but it seems they have opened the ac anyway..so will check and revert...confused....

Advertisement