Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Etsy Engagement Ring

• 17-09-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello!

Just wondered what people thing of purchasing an engagement ring from Etsy? Have found 3 that are just AMAZING - really different, and price is decent. I am not a bit fussed about diamonds, the ones I am looking at are 14k White Gold, with Sapphires/Moissanite stones.

Am I am to get stung for customs? They said they can mark as a gift so that should help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

My fiancé bought mine on Etsy!

It's absolutely gorgeous, and although he did his best with sizing obviously he wasn't going to get it exactly right so after he proposed we shipped it back to the gorgeous lady who made it and she re-sized it and sent it back. He didn't get stung for customs, pure luck I think.

I work as a designer so am insanely fussy, but I adore my ring and love that he had the goldsmith do special little changes just for me (including that it's a conflict free diamond), it's so not off just off the shelf :o

So in conclusion go for it! And congrats! :D

Oh and edited to add don't be at all worried about having a diamond, mine is but that's because my fiancé knows nothing about stones and just picked the colour stone he thought I would love best, it's an unpolished diamond so it's a light grey, not a bazooka!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hullothere

chupi wrote: »
    My fiancé bought mine on Etsy!

It's absolutely gorgeous, and although he did his best with sizing obviously he wasn't going to get it exactly right so after he proposed we shipped it back to the gorgeous lady who made it and she re-sized it and shipped it back. He didn't get stung for customs, pure luck I think.

I work as a designer so am insanely fussy, but I adore my ring and love that he had the designer do special little changes just for me (including that it's a conflict free diamond), it's so not off just off the shelf :o

So in conclusion go for it! And congrats! :D

Thanks for the quick response! That is what I wanted to hear! Have been messaging the designer of the rings I have chosen, 1 in particular that I really love, and she is really nice, and ready to work with me and accommodate any changes I want to get the exact design for me. Find it such a personal service, and I will end up with a one of a kind gorg ring! I was just a little worried about the customs aspect of it, but hopefully wont get stung either. As for the sizing, I hope that this would be right, but as you said if you can ship it back if there is any issue then it is all sorted!

Advertisement