Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build - €1200 budget

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Just a bump on this build - has anyone got any recommendations at all for me. Even just to make sure they all fit together and I haven't left anything out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Thunderspeed

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s knocks off €22 if he didn't need the 2tb and does he need the blu ray drive ? (just making sure) because if not you could knock about €56 off by going with this Samsung SH-222BB schwarz

Also : VME87RV166 €10 off of any order over €500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s knocks off €22 if he didn't need the 2tb and does he need the blu ray drive ? (just making sure) because if not you could knock about €56 off by going with this Samsung SH-222BB schwarz

Also : VME87RV166 €10 off of any order over €500

The burner mightn't be essential but I said I'd err in the side of caution anyways - wants bluray anyways for movies and stuff and just to generally future proof it.

As for the hard drive - you can never have too much storage space and in a build like this €20 extra is well worth it so.

And cheers for the code - how exactly do you use it? I ran through the order their for a test and I couldn't actually see where to put it in and didn't want to keep going in case I accidentally put it through on my own account :o

Also - I seen they offer a check for the monitor for 20 quid to make sure their is no defective pixels - is this worth it and do many monitors come with dead pixels?? I've never actually ordered a monitor online before or had to worry about shipping damaging a monitor so not too sure whether it's worth the check.

Lets just say though that I took the bluray out and saved €50-€60 - is there anything that stands out that could be upgraded with the saved money. If the extra money could be far better spent somewhere we might consider it anyways. But if it's only a minor upgrade we'll probably go with the blurary drive :)

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Thunderspeed

I'm no pro either, I haven't seen a monitor come with dead pixels but I've also never ordered one online, the quality of the ones in town are pretty good.

As for the code, you keep going through the order process
    Basket -> Order -> Terms and Coditions(Accept) -> Address -> Comments / Remark -> Voucher Code

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

That build seems grand..I can't see anything really that you could put 50-60 quid into that's gonna improve it dramatically...

• Advertisement
Advertisement