Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Light weeks? Thoughts?

• 17-09-2012 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I've decided to do a light week after doing 4 weeks hard lifting and workouts.
    Should you do really light? Less sets reps and weight, or just less weight same reps.
    I go 4 days a week and planned to go for days this week on my light week.
    I've been eating 5 or 6 eggs a day and drinking a pint of milk a day as well as trying to eat plenty of meat, some carbs and veg, plus two litres of water each day.
    Should I cut down on the protein for the week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

whatever suits ya, sometimes i take the week off othertimes ill do higher reps and half the weight so im just getting some bloodflowing. :)

i tend to do every 6/7th week as the body tells me.

eat yer protiens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Deloads are very underrated-alot of programmes have them incorporrated into them. Every 4-8 weeks is a good rough rule of thumb. I read an Andy Bolton article where he recommended the 60% approach where you do 60% of the reps, wendler 5/3/1 on the other hand has it at 40-60% of the weight so whatever works for you.
    Personally if and when need a break I just take 4-7 days off completely but my job has some lifting involved anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,658 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm having a light weight this week - not by choice though :-(

Advertisement