Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display stock quotes on website

Options
  • 17-09-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

I mostly use Yahoo Finance to display companies share price on their website, i.e. http://www.papuamining.com.

It's a Wordpress widget which pulls in the delayed share price and it generally works great.

However I am working in a site for another client at the moment and up until last week their share price was displaying correctly. However suddenly it started displaying a zero price and it disappeared completely from Yahoo Finance for no reason. I can't find a solution to it so I am looking for another provider of free stock quotes.

Can anyone here recommend one?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Yahoo finance is the only one that supplies an api that im aware of. How long has the share price been gone from yahoo! Maybe its just a temp glitch and will be back.

Google have one but they are depreciating the api next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

Just from last week. It worked fine when I set it up initially, but then suddenly disappeared. The strange thing is the entire company information is no longer available on Yahoo, just doesn't seem to exist!

I am trying to find a contact form to alert Yahoo to this but navigating their 'support' area is making me dizzy.....

Advertisement