Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with dresses.ie

Options
  • 17-09-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi I am new to this forum, I hope someone can help me. I ordered a dress on dresses.ie 2 months ago, it wasnt the right and and looked terrible so I returned it. I reeived and email from dresses.ie confirming they received the item and that the refund would be procesed within 48 hours and I should have it at my bank within 2 weeks. 6 weeks later I still have not reveived the refund. I have sent numerous emails to them to find out if they have refunded me or when they intend to refund me. I have never recevied a reply from them.
    I am getting quite frustrated by this. Can anyone make any suggestions at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out and moved to Consumer Issues - dudara

OP - how did you pay for the item? If you paid by credit card, you should investigate initiating a chargeback with your credit card provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

I paid through paypal with my debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

You have 45 days to open the dispute with Paypal. Is it more than 45 days since the refund was agreed?

I received an email from them on August 10 2012 advising that my refund would be processed within 48 hour and I would have the refund within 2 weeks. So its not yet over the 45 days. I will get on that now. Thank you for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Teachers pet

Hi,
    I have had a similar problem. I bought a dress From dresses.ie in April and, like you, received an email to say they received my return and asking for my patience while they processed my refund. Five months later, my patience has run out!
    I have emailed them many times and two weeks ago they mailed me and apologised for the delay and said my refund was now processed. No explanation for the delay was offered. I'd like to tell you I got my refund but still no refund has been credited to my account!!!
    Today in frustration I emailed Ireland AM on tv3 who promote the company but also did an article on consumer rights when shopping online the other day.
    I await their reply.
    I have read about similar issues with this company on other sites too.
    Hoping to be reunited with my €55 someday....!

• Advertisement

Teachers pet thank you so much for your reply, I am so glad someone else is experiencing what I am experiencing. I did try to claim through paypal but it was over the 45 days threshold, I am sending an automatic daily email to them for a status of my refund and I just recive they're automatic response.
    I am so frustrated at this stage. I think I will also contact TV3 and Ireland AM.
    I have learned a very valuable lesson in all this, don't order from dresses.ie
    I order online a lot and this is the first time I've ever had an issue with an online company.

Please do contact Ireland Am too. I will post when I get a reply from them .I also sent an email to dresses.ie to remind them that I still await a refund and contact details for a customer service manager which I have now requested four times. I wonder do they ever refund or do they depend on customers not checking their accounts? Like you I buy online a lot and have never experienced anything like this. Will keep you informed....5 months and counting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

ladies - for me, the next step would be to send a registered letter to the company, informing them that they have XX working days to issue you with your refund. Otherwise, you will be initiating a Small Claims court case. (This costs a nominal amount of money and you do not require a solicitor).

I think they have had enough chances so am going to research the small claims option and just go ahead with that. Will post the outcome, thanks!

I'd still take the route of naming and shaming via the media. These guys have to be stopped in their tracks.

As a matter of interest: Given the trouble you ladies have had, I wonder if it's worth researching to see if there are any further SC claims against them?

• Advertisement

Well the email is gone to Ireland AM, who seem to have an affiliation with the company, so it would be bad form on their part to ignore it. Also, they have a consumer expert on the show who shouldn't ignore it. I asked in my email for the consumer expert to either speak to dresses.ie or warn their viewers about them.
    I will research the small claims option and see if there are any other cases like this against dresses.ie. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if there is.
    All in all, it's just really bad form.
    As I said I will keep you all posted on developments because I am like a dog with a bone, I won't let this go.

Ladies, either the Ireland AM email or the small claim court threat seems to have worked! I was refunded my €55 today!!!!
    Princess, try this too.

As a matter of interest, I haven't heard anything back from Ireland AM but if I hear anything I will let you know....

Good luck and let me know if you get sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ciara30

Hi I'm glad someone else is having problems I bought something on their website and got confirmation from them that received the return and I would be refunded my money this is going on since July!! At the start I was getting emails back but they just stopped now it is getting very annoying!! I order quite a lot on d Internet and this is the first time I am having any problems dont know where to go next!!

Thanks you everyone for your help, I sent the email to ireland am but got no response either. I am now going to send an email to dresses.ie and advise the of taking the small claims court route. Hopefully this will push them into refunding me.
    It will probabyl be tomorrow when I get a response (if I get a response) but I will let you know the outcome

Hi All, just thought I would give you all, an updated, I still have received no response from dresses.ie. I have got the form for the small claims court and going to submit it. I am now going to look for the fee for the small claims court as well as my refund.
    I see they have a facebook page. Do you think In should post about this on they're facebook page or would there be reprecussions?

If I were you, I wouldn't post anything on the FB page until the outcome of the case, as this might be prejudicial. I would just go ahead and take out the small claims action. If you win, I think you're awarded costs anyway, but check with the clerk of the court.

Thank you for your advice. You are right, I guess I am just at my wits end with this. I do feel like giving up but I am just so frustrated that these companies can rip off consumers like this.
    I have sent another email to Ireland AM pleading with them to help me, don't think it will do much good but its worth a shot again.

I want to thank you all, you have all been so helpful and I really appreciate it.

You could of course ring Joe! :)

lol, my mother actually suggested the local radio station, Shaun Doherty chat show but I woudn't have the nerve to go on live:o

Ok, so another update, I have got my refund. Just had an email from them advising to check my paypal account and voila its now there. So glad this is resolved.
    I just think its terrible we have to resort to contacting the media and persuing small claims court to get a refund, they obviously don't want bad press threfore they have refunded me. I am now a happy bunny :D

• Advertisement

Great! NOW you can post about their crap Customer Service on FB!!! :D

Sounds like a very good plan ;)

Maybe I'll just unsubscribe to they're website so I'm not tempted to buy again :D

Thank you all so much for your help and advice, I do really apprecaite it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Murdrum

Hi all, I too am having problems getting a return processes by dresses.ie. I received their 'confirmation of return' on the 10th Sept and the usual you will have to wait 14days - still nothing despite numerous emails to them. I might try the Paypal route first. If doesn't work I'll follow up with Ireland AM/small courts - so frustrating how these guys get away with it. I had thought they were great to deal with but won't be purchasing anything from them again.

Took me a long time to get my refund but once I mention Ireland AM and small claims court in my email to them they were very quick at giving back the refund. So defintely try the paypal route if your within the 45 day limit if that fails defintely go down the route of small claims and Ireland AM

Advertisement