Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with parking please

• 17-09-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm traveling up from waterford to start in UCC on Monday, however have no idea what the situation is with parking? I'm due in at 11 o'clock on Monday for a week of induction which is mainly based in the Distillery House and Connolly building, is there parking available here?

When my classes start the following week it looks like the majority are in the Western Gate Building, can anyone tell me where best to find parking space??

Really appreciate any help

Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

UCC have a park n ride operating from Pouladuff Rd, you take the Togher exit off the N25/N40,3rd exit at the first roundabout, over the bridge, 2nd exit at the 2nd roundabout, PnR is 50mts on your left,come early.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nadialbala

HI there
    I am travelling to UCC from Dungarvan I am in my second year. would you be interested in car pooling? All last year I used Park &Ride services and it was ok enough. But petrol is a joke :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

As a student, forget about parking in the immediate vicinity of UCC. Your best options are the P+Rs at Dennehy's Cross (if you get there before 8am), Pouladuff, or nearby Black Ash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Thanks for the advice everyone. Just one last question, I have been trawling through the UCC website the past few days and it states that the bus from the park and ride is not alway guaranteed to stop at the western gate building. Does this happen often?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I have never gotten the park and ride so can't comment but it's only a 5min walk from the main stop inside the main gates of ucc anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

sarah88 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Just one last question, I have been trawling through the UCC website the past few days and it states that the bus from the park and ride is not alway guaranteed to stop at the western gate building. Does this happen often?

It never stops at the Western gateway, it stops at brookfield and you have to walk down,

some go straight to main campas and don't stop at brookfield, these are marked on the P&R timetable in the student diaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Thanks a lot everyone really appreciate it. Managed to get parking in the visitors car park this morning but will take the park and ride from tomorrow :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

As a student, forget about parking in the immediate vicinity of UCC. Your best options are the P+Rs at Dennehy's Cross (if you get there before 8am), Pouladuff, or nearby Black Ash.

Are they free, or do u have to produce a student card???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

LasTime wrote: »
    Are they free, or do u have to produce a student card???

they are free but you have to show security your student id, especially in dennehy's cross as its also pres sports ground so it gets very busy!

Advertisement