Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC only offer 25MB in my area

• 17-09-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I contacted UPC today after hearing their minimum BB speeds are now 50MB, however I only learned that 25MB speeds and TV are the only options available in my estate. They don't even offer phone or HD TV or On Demand and they couldn't offer me any idea when these services would be available either. As they don't offer HD TV, I'll have to go with SKY and since no phone, I also have to pay a standalone charge and I believe they'll still charge me full BB price for the basic package even though others would be getting 50MB whereas I'll be stuck on 25MB for God knows how long. Kinda sucks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

With a username like that they musta seen you coming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

LOL! :D
    I think it's about time I updated by username to FIBREUSER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    LOL! :D
    I think it's about time I updated by username to FIBREUSER!

Maybe you need more fiber in your area.

kellbran500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

My area is similar I have phone/tv/30mb

No on demand, no hd, no remote record and nothing higher than 30mb.

I got a letter today saying they will be upgrading my service on Thursday and anything that I have on series link will be forgotten, so I will need to reset the series link for my recordings. For more info visit the website!!!!

There is no more info on the website and Cust care is closed.

Anyone know what this is about? I'm hoping it's on demand plus 50mb!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

jarvis wrote: »
    My area is similar I have phone/tv/30mb

No on demand, no hd, no remote record and nothing higher than 30mb.

I got a letter today saying they will be upgrading my service on Thursday and anything that I have on series link will be forgotten, so I will need to reset the series link for my recordings. For more info visit the website!!!!

There is no more info on the website and Cust care is closed.

Anyone know what this is about? I'm hoping it's on demand plus 50mb!!!!

At least you have phone and this upgrade sounds promising. Hopefully you'll be able to avail of their full service. Where area are you located?

• Advertisement
Advertisement