Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Broadband hotspot to go with firefox - can't access MS IE, windows mail

• 17-09-2012 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭

Just got Meteor hotspot "broadband to go". Had to go back to the Meteor store with the first article as it didn't work (wrong router ID for the password).
    The shop installed a new router, and asked me if I used Firefox or MS Internet explorer, as I have both on the laptop - I use Firefox, so everything was configured to firefox.

Now, I find that I can't use Internet Explorer, nor Google Maps, nor Windows Live.
    Has anyone one any ideas hoe to get these programs working again?

I emailed Meteor who replied that they want my PIN, registered address on the account, 3 recently dialled numbers, the store where I bought the "Meteor phone" and the 12 digit number on the SIM card.

I had to access my hotmail via www.hotmail.com as I can't use Windows Live Mail.

Well, I ain't going to send my PIN in any email, or any other password kind of data.

And to suggest that I have a phone annoys me - if they had read my email properly, they would have seen that I bought a Broadband hotspot product not a phone!!!

Just as well I have a 14 day trial as they are very likelyn to get their product back again.

Advertisement