Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prepay meters and standing charges

• 17-09-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

'Standing charge' - I know it's self-explanatory but many people (like me) may not think about it and because they may not have used any gas over the summer (like me) when they go to use their prepay now they will be hit by the accrued standing charges.

FYI

I bought 50 euro of credit and put it on to my meter only to see 24 euro get wiped out by the accrued standing charge. Quite a shock.

I'm with Bord Gais BTW and there's a fee of 198 euro to go back to a regular meter (so I was told on the phone) - just in case you're thinking you'll switch to someone else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Prepay meter or not you have to pay standing charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

Prepay meter or not you have to pay standing charges.
    nodolan wrote:
    I know it's self-explanatory
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

nodolan wrote: »
    'Standing charge' - I know it's self-explanatory but many people (like me) may not think about it and because they may not have used any gas over the summer (like me) when they go to use their prepay now they will be hit by the accrued standing charges.

FYI

I bought 50 euro of credit and put it on to my meter only to see 24 euro get wiped out by the accrued standing charge. Quite a shock.

I'm with Bord Gais BTW and there's a fee of 198 euro to go back to a regular meter (so I was told on the phone) - just in case you're thinking you'll switch to someone else.

Everybody pays a standing charge wheather it's a direct debit bill or a PAYG meter the standing charge is exactly the same for both.

luzon wrote: »
    Everybody pays a standing charge wheather it's a direct debit bill or a PAYG meter the standing charge is exactly the same for both.
    nodolan wrote:
    I know it's self-explanatory

So, what is your point? :rolleyes:

What is the consumer issue?

Do you think it's so self-explanatory that people are ignorant of the fact?

• Advertisement

So, what is your point?

What is the consumer issue?

Do you think it's so self-explanatory that people are ignorant of the fact?
    I thought my 'point' was self-explanatory:
    nodolan wrote:
    many people (like me) may not think about it and because they may not have used any gas over the summer (like me) when they go to use their prepay now they will be hit by the accrued standing charges
    Really Scarlett Deep Invoice if you have nothing worthwhile to say and just want to point out the obvious and nit-pick why even bother clicking ?

I thought my 'point' was self-explanatory:

Really Srameen if you have nothing worthwhile to say and just want to point out the obvious and nit-pick why even bother clicking ?

Sorry, I don't mean to quibble, nor to be pedantic, but all replies to your opening piece were the same. Your point is obviously not self-explanatory. If you think the fact that the standing charge is payable regardless of the type of meter, or payment plan, is obvious then why did you raise the point or refer to changing meter in reference to the standing charge? I'm genuinely interested in what issue you were raising. I am not nit-picking and I don't waste my time posting worthless comments.

Seriously boards.ie - the 'ignore' function still shows way too much, so glad I use Firefox with AdBlockPlus and the Element Hider extensions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What exactly is the consumer issue here?

Advertisement