Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 23rd September 2012 K/O 1.30 PM (MOD NOTE #1, #254)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Aidric wrote: »
    Not really. He should show some respect.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

No doubt those tackles open the door for a wrong decision and that's what's happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I honestly can't defend shelvey a stupid stupid tackle no need for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shelvy won the ball,
    Never touched the player
    What more can you ask of a tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Aidric wrote: »
    Not really. He should show some respect.

Does the same go for Mr. Ferguson and Rio too? At least Shelvey has the excuse of youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Possession - 62% v 38%
    Corners - 5 v 0
    Goal attempts - 8 v 3
    On target - 2 v 0
    Fouls - 7 v 3

The only "good" news is that Liverpool are very comfortable in possession and might just hog the ball enough not to allow Utd to get the goal that will win this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

WE ARE STOKE , WE ARE STOKE , WE ARE STOKE .

Lol you know who you are ;). :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Nani has had one of the worst games of football out of anyone I have ever seen. Has given the ball away several times when he could easily have not have given it away. He needs to come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Absolutely pathetic performance so far. Only Rio is up for it.

I know some people like Nani and I don't want to start that whole debate again but I can't stand him. He completed his first pas and has just given it away every time since. I'd rather Obertan or Bebe at this stage (not really but you get the point)

Harsh red as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

NukaCola wrote: »
    50-50 tackle....poor decision.....very harsh red....Evans didnt help either with his antics....sickening stuff

Yeah it was evans fault, or was it the ref? Definately wasn't the wreckless player:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A Steven Fletcher type player ; )

5 shots, 4 goals this season. Not too bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

el dude wrote: »
    Does the same go for Mr. Ferguson and Rio too? At least Shelvey has the excuse of youth.

Nah, I love the fact a 70 year old man went to confront someone who made a stupid lunge :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

A Steven Fletcher type player ; )

4 chances, 4 goals. I am not sure there are too many prem teams who would turn that down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

3 game suspension too I'm guessing?

I'm gutted what use is all this possession and nothing to show for it, take off Borini too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

PHB wrote: »
    These days, if you go in, off your feet, lunging, with two feet, even if it's a follow through, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a red card.

Whether those should be the rules is up for debate, but those are the rules these days. Ref implemented them properly.

Liverpool had that second half, but couldn't really create any clear cut shots, more close calls. I would imagine 10 v 11 should be easy enough for United, would like Cleverely on to move the ball quicker.

So I guess you think Evans should have been sent off too in the same tackle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Liverpool look far more dangerous but don't have that threat to put the ball in the net.

Honestly it won't matter if Liverpool lose another player we look that poor. We should be getting at Kelly and Johnson. Carrick is having to sweep around after Giggs. Giggs is just so far off the pace it's sad to see a player like him playing like that out there. He was class in his day but that day is long gone. They are targeting him and Evra all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Seaneh wrote: »
    Evans was off the ground too.

It was a 50/50 and he came off worse and the ref bottled it.

That's the whole story in two lines. Very disappointing what the game has become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shelvey's wreckless tackling going to cost us the game here, even though it wasn't a red.

Probably should have had a peno for Evans hauling Agger to the ground too.

Borini needs a haircut, shave those f*cking sideburns Borini.

Kagawa also seems to have some weird grass sniffing fetish going on too.

Hopefully the ref notices he made the wrong decision and evens things up in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

This has a draw written all over it, Liverpool are still the better team but that one man down will make it easier for ManU to defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

OMG Ref. shocking.
    double GG wrote: »
    Pure LOLCATS

I read that as a back and forth text conversation between two D4 girls. Just so you know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

These days, if you go in, off your feet, lunging, with two feet, even if it's a follow through, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a red card.

Whether those should be the rules is up for debate, but those are the rules these days. Ref implemented them properly.

Liverpool had that second half, but couldn't really create any clear cut shots, more close calls. I would imagine 10 v 11 should be easy enough for United, would like Cleverely on to move the ball quicker.

So surely, by that reckoning, Evans should have went too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keno 92 wrote: »
    ravelmorrison23 ‏@morrisonravel

Possibly the smartest thing Morrison has ever come out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Yeah it was evans fault, or was it the ref? Definately wasn't the wreckless player:rolleyes:

Both players went in with two feet off the ground....50-50 with the ball to be won...which Shelvey did, Shelvey stood up like a man wereas Evans rolled around....pathetic stuff trying to get a player sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You just have to laugh at the Liverpool supporters trying to say it wasn't a red card, and they wonder why we call them delusional?

Reckon Cleverley will come on early in this half and we will start to struggle in midfield then. Giggs has been the biggest boost to the Liverpool team and seems to be a passenger. Not sure what Liverpool could do to make it better. If we drop some of the attack then Man U get to commit another defender forward on the overload. Possibly Sahin for Borini?

I love that Go Conquer ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

did johnny evans not go into that tackle with 2 feet? shelvey was wreckless but so was evans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Holy good f**k we have been all kinds of shìte.
    We have played poor overall so far this season but this is a new low.

Liverpool have been excellent too which compounds it even more.
    Absolutely blessed that we now have to play only 10 men. Hopefully that gives us the motivation to up our game significantly. Even after the sending off they were the better team. We looked amateur out there for most of the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

A harsh red for me.

I have to agree though that not booking Evra for a clear yellow and then sending off Shelvey for that doesn't exactly help matters.

The only consolation for me is the hope that that halve took a great deal out of Utd's players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

More of the same in the second half please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

mike65 wrote: »
    Revel Morrison passing comments on who's an arse hole?

lack of self awareness needle flies off the meter
    Ravel Morrison is a very special boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Jesus Evans as a question to answer aswell.

Both players went to protect themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Gary Neville talking sense.

Nailz wrote: »
    You just have to laugh at the Liverpool supporters trying to say it wasn't a red card, and they wonder why we call them delusional?
    You will have to laugh at your hero Gary Neville too, he thinks it shoudl have been two yellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Hopefully the ref sees these replays at half time and decides to even this farce up.

Evans is out of control?

*Replay shows Evans winning the ball with the side of his foot*

Fúck off, Jamie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Both went in the same way. 2 reds if anything.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Looking at it again, both probably should have been off alright.

Sky trying too hard to be impartial, Evans did nothing wrong to my eyes. Well, until the acting afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

NukaCola wrote: »
    Why?

He's just been sent off for a reckless challenge and he starts having a go at Ferguson. He should keep his head down and get off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

A3evtewCQAALm_Y.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

These days, if you go in, off your feet, lunging, with two feet, over the top, even if it's a follow through, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a red card.

But Evans wasn't red carded?!! Holes blown everywhere in that theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Fergie laughing at Shelvey, brilliant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Sky trying too hard to be impartial, Evans did nothing wrong to my eyes. Well, until the acting afterwards.

he went in with 2 feet and studs showing...thats a red card as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The ref has to look at that and realise he ****ed up, both players done near exact the same thing. If one should have went, both should have. Thing is he took the time to think about it, which some refs dont and still got it wrong for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Seaneh wrote: »
    Gary Neville talking sense.

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    This has a draw written all over it, Liverpool are still the better team but that one man down will make it easier for ManU to defend.

#wishfulthinking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Love SAF's cheeky smirk when Shelvey walked down the steps.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Shelvey came in over the top. It's a red card. It's harsh but it's a red now.

What a stupid thing for Shelvey to do as he went off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm not a Liverpool fan. I don't think it was a red card.

Can I ask you to tell me why it was a red card? And then apply that directly to what Evans did in the same tackle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement