Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 23rd September 2012 K/O 1.30 PM (MOD NOTE #1, #254)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

john47832 wrote: »
    Uncalled for - Post reported
    For serial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Delighted to get anything out of that game.
    We just don't turn up at Anfield. Horrible performances turned in by the majority of the United team.

To the decent Liverpool supporters here, hard luck, deserved all 3 points in fairness and were unlucky that the letter of the law was laid down by the referee in a fixture that most would let flow a bit better.

To the ones with the drool all over their keyboards, Ha ha ha, in your face suckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Android fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

baz2009 wrote: »
    Some Liverpool fans were apparently taken away by Police for doing airplane gestures. So you might want to hop off the auld saddle.:)

and if it's true, then rightly fcuking so. Those sort of people get no free pass from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Best thing about the new iPhone is the bigger screen means you don't have to scroll down to see where Liverpool are in the table.

Post of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Don't think Liverpool can say anything about the United fans after the hypocritical booing of Evra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Liverpool created a load of chances and the inability of the players to finish them is what ultimately cost them. They can blame the ref all they want but if suarez wasn't a second rate finisher, the game would be over before the sending off. United were piss poor in the first half and there for the taking but liverpool's players are just not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow...went to click on page 96 and ended back on 94...lot of deleting going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Don't think Liverpool can say anything about the United fans after the hypocritical booing of Evra

Don't think anyone on here can say anything about any of the fans actually at the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I hate when people say state that the team with the most chances dominated the game. Finishing chances is the most important part of football. And its something Liverpool are pathetic at, and a big reason why they are currenly a midtable club

rossie1977 wrote: »
    rodgers subs continue to baffle, why the hell was sterling taken off that early when he was killing evra

the ref was terrible as most have said, its incredible how many decisions man utd have had go in the favour already this season

I was roaring for Henderson to be introduced, we were too open in the middle and needed another body in there, It was a tough decision as sterling was doing very well but it had to be done and Suarez couldn't be taken off.

If I was to be critical of Rodgers subs today Id say it was not bringing on Henderson at half time instead of Suso, I know he was involved in the build up to the goal but uniteds goal came from is lacking the extra man in the middle, Suso could have been introduced later in the game in place of Sterling the.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Get a sense of humour !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I hate when people say state that the team with the most chances dominated the game. Finishing chances is the most important part of football. And its something Liverpool are pathetic at, and a big reason why they are currenly a midtable club

Ha! They wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

The last four pages are a perfect example of why I advocate that match threads get closed 30mins after the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Leiva wrote: »
    The last four pages are a perfect example of why I advocate that match threads get closed 30mins after the game.

Its banter and both sets of winning fans would act the same should the result be any different,but I do agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

LFC played out of their skins today and if they had a CF would have won the game no doubt. I think they actually upped their game when down to 10 men and a draw would have been a fair result.
    Utd were shocking. Giggs should never have started and when Scholes csme on it should have been for Giggs.
    Thank Christ it is over now though. Did not enjoy that game one bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Since when was a mid-table club in the bottom 3?

It was a pretty poor game in fairness, which I expected. The entertainment in here is wonderful, which I also expected. It's come to a point that in the next game, I may not watch it, just read boards. There's far more going on in the match thread than the actual match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Oh why oh why cant Man Utd be Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

killwill wrote: »
    LFC played out of their skins today and if they had a CF would have won the game no doubt. I think they actually upped their game when down to 10 men and a draw would have been a fair result.
    Utd were shocking. Giggs should never have started and when Scholes csme on it should have been for Giggs.

This is an intelligent post.

If I could thank you twice I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That makes me feel a little better. I'm happy that we won but I was still a little disappointed with the performance. But Liverpool, at Anfield and at their absolute best, couldn't beat United at their absolute worst. They couldn't even draw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Leiva wrote: »
    Then it would be all over the superthreads.Best to keep it in one place.
    Nobody is forced to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

J. Marston wrote: »
    That makes me feel a little better. I'm happy that we won but I was still a little disappointed with the performance. But Liverpool, at Anfield and at their absolute best, couldn't beat United at their absolute worst. They couldn't even draw.

We could have easily beaten United, just couldn't beat the ref though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Most seem to forget Liverpool played over half the game with 10 men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just wondering if pool fans believe you deserved 9 points instead of 1 from today, City and Sunderland?

You need to score more than us to beat us,that didn't happen.Your only main striker isn't consistent,any team with aspirations for the top end of the league need a 25+ a season striker.Don't blame the ref for the fact the team don't score enough,not as if ye didn't have chances today.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Nah. A player that shouldn't be playing big games lost his head and you don't have a striker. These are why you didn't win and will do well to finish top half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Suarez ran his socks off today. He is a goal poacher and IMO is most dangerous in around the 6 yard line. Fortunatly for me Liverpool kicked every single ball into to him and he runs from wing to wing chasing balls trying to create chances in positions he should not even be in. His style of play from Ajax has changed big time.

RasTa wrote: »
    Just wondering if pool fans believe you deserved 9 points instead of 1 from today, City and Sunderland?

I don't have time to ask every Liverpool fan so I'm not sure.

zerks wrote: »
    You need to score more than us to beat us,that didn't happen.Your only main striker isn't consistent,any team with aspirations for the top end of the league need a 25+ a season striker.Don't blame the ref for the fact the team don't score enough,not as if ye didn't have chances today.

As I said, very hard to beat United when they have the ref on their side.

As I said, very hard to beat United when they have the ref on their side.

Or when you haven't got anybody who's good around the box? No?

Mocha Joe wrote: »

Having the ref continuously give horrendous decision after horrendous decision against your team that will be far far tougher to overcome than the lack of a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Suarez ran his socks off today. He is a goal poacher and IMO is most dangerous in around the 6 yard line. Fortunatly for me Liverpool kicked every single ball into to him and he runs from wing to wing chasing balls trying to create chances in positions he should not even be in. His style of play from Ajax has changed big time.

He isn't and he never was that.

Ask Ajax fans, despite his goal record for them and they'll disagree that he's a goal poacher/no.9.

Having the ref continuously give horrendous decision after horrendous decision against your team that will be far far tougher to overcome than the lack of a striker.

Shelvey deserved the red. The idea that Evans should have been sent off too is nonsense. He played the ball, not the man.

Only Suarez can be blamed for not getting the peno. His reputation added to the over accentuated dive is why he didn't get it. Not the refs fault.

The Valencia peno had to be given because it was a last-ditch tackle that prevented a shot and he didn't touch the ball.

The referee had a very good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just for today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Be honest. Liverpool dominated but were toothless up front. Never going to score

I think a lot of Liverpool fans are either sour over the fact they had some fairytale scenario in their head about winning on the day due to the emotion that was in it and some are sour over their talisman Suarez being totally removed from the game.

United were poor. Yes. But we won. Simple as. It was a penalty. Have Liverpool never had a few decisions go their way no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The folly of sending a striker out on loan the few days of the window and then failing to replace him - madness!

Shelvey deserved the red. The idea that Evans should have been sent off too is nonsense. He played the ball, not the man.

Only Suarez can be blamed for not getting the peno. His reputation added to the over accentuated dive is why he didn't get it. Not the refs fault.

The Valencia peno had to be given because it was a last-ditch tackle that prevented a shot and he didn't touch the ball.

The delusion is strong in you I have to say.
    Be honest. Liverpool dominated but were toothless up front. Never going to score

I think a lot of Liverpool fans are either sour over the fact they had some fairytale scenario in their head about winning on the day due to the emotion that was in it and some are sour over their talisman Suarez being totally removed from the game.

United were poor. Yes. But we won. Simple as. It was a penalty. Have Liverpool never had a few decisions go their way no?

In a game were we scored we were never going to score. :pac: Of course Liverpool have had decision go their way, and chances are it was the difference between winning and losing. Just like today, the ref was the reason we lost today. He was easily United man of the match.

The delusion is strong in you I have to say.

Not gonna be specific? I gave my opinion on each big incident.

Liverpool kept the ball better than United and Sterling was quite threatening at times. United didn't deserve the win so I'd be quite bitter too but I'd look at the actual reasons not just blame it on the ref. It'll be like the whole 'we hit the post loads of times' excuse from last season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You need to take a long hard look at yourself if you think the ref had a good game, garbage ! total and utter garbage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Confirmed on SSN that a Liverpool fan was ejected for making a airplane gesture at the United fans, and that that triggered a rendition of 'Always the victims' from the United fans.

What's worse IMO was that the chants were coming from the MAJORITY of the United fans there, not just a vocal minority. Disgusting behavoiur from both sides

• Advertisement

Liverpool kept the ball better than United and Sterling was quite threatening at times. United didn't deserve the win so I'd be quite bitter too but I'd look at the actual reasons not just blame it on the ref. It'll be like the whole 'we hit the post loads of times' excuse from last season.

It doesn't matter if you win the ball, if you go in with two feet off the ground it's a red card. Also Shelvey won the ball as well so by your reckoning that can't be a sending off since he played the ball. A shocking red card decision.

The fact you say Suarez repuatation is the reason the peno can't be given just highlights how inept the ref is. He should be looking at each situation and judging it on what he see's, not who's involved. Unfortunately for us the chap is a bit blind though. I am looking at the actually reason we lost, a terrible ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The desicion at the end of the game to play advantage when Suarez was fouled at the edge of the box summed up Hasley for me. Liverpool were down to 9 and he played ****en advantage.

The sending off was barely a free, and Evans tackle was much worse, both feet up and studs showing shelvy went in side footed ffs.

The penalty was a blatent dive was never even nearly a penalty.

Suarez should have had a penalty, Agger should possibly have had a penalty.

Evra didnt get booked for a bad tackle meaning he was under less pressure defending against Sterling, had he been booked then him getting a second yellow would could have been a real possibility.

Van Persie made a disgrace of a tackle, completely out of control studs up and got a yellow, much worse tackle than Shelvey.

Almost any 50:50 went uniteds way along with some crazy soft frees at different times throughout the game.

Even at the end of the game last attack he played a stupid advantage where it was obvious a free would have been much more preferable with only 9 men on the pitch and no men in the box.

The ref today gave one of the most one sided, biased and disgraceful performances of reffing I have seen in a long time. He should never be allowed ref in the premier league again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Dcully wrote: »
    You need to take a long hard look at yourself if you think the ref had a good game, garbage ! total and utter garbage!

I think he made the right call on Shelvey and the right call, given his view of the incident, for the penalty. Where does that leave us?

If people want to whitewash the debate and make out like there is no other viewpoint to hold just to make themselves feel better, then have at it.

The sending off was barely a free, and Evans tackle was much worse, both feet up and studs showing shelvy went in side footed ffs.

Evra didnt get booked for a bad tackle meaning he was not under less pressure defending against Sterling, had he been booked then him getting a second yellow would could have been a real possibility.

Van Persie made a disgrace of a tackle, completely out of control studs up and got a yellow, much worse tackle than Shelvey.

Almost any 50:50 went uniteds way along with some crazy soft frees at different times throughout the game.

Even at the end of the game last attack he played a stupid advantage where it was obvious a free would have been much more preferable with only 9 men on the pitch and no men in the box.

The ref today gave one of the most one sided, biased and disgraceful performances of reffing I have seen in a long time. He should never be allowed ref in the premier league again.

So much wrong with this post it's hard to know where to start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Is that you fergie? at least someone thinks so

the man u fans where i watched the game could even admit he was dire and inconsistent albeit with huge grins on their faces

liverpool were vastly superior and outplayed united with 11 and even with 10 looked more dangerous and created more chances

either united are nowhere near as good as people think they are or liverpool are nowhere near as bad

a bit of both i think, united will need to improve greatly to get the title, surely they can't get all the decisions their way like that for much longer, they badly need a world class central midfielder who can control games in January just as Liverpool need a world class striker

• Advertisement

Evra didnt get booked for a bad tackle meaning he was not under less pressure defending against Sterling, had he been booked then him getting a second yellow would could have been a real possibility.

Ok I can't argue with you. You are clearly quite emotional.

Shelvey with an innocent side-footed tackle? That's mental stuff man. You need to be medicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    He isn't and he never was that.

Ask Ajax fans, despite his goal record for them and they'll disagree that he's a goal poacher/no.9.

Well at the moment he is running the channels and getting into the box chasing balls. Overworked at the minute.

I don't have his stats at Ajax but would be surprised if he is playing the same role at Liverpool as he did at Ajax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It doesn't matter if you win the ball, if you go in with two feet off the ground it's a red card. Also Shelvey won the ball as well so by your reckoning that can't be a sending off since he played the ball. A shocking red card decision.

The fact you say Suarez repuatation is the reason the peno can't be given just highlights how inept the ref is. He should be looking at each situation and judging it on what he see's, not who's involved. Unfortunately for us the chap is a bit blind though. I am looking at the actually reason we lost, a terrible ref.

2 decisions does decide a match. Scoring does and liverpool just cannot do that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I think he made the right call on Shelvey and the right call, given his view of the incident, for the penalty. Where does that leave us?

If people want to whitewash the debate and make out like there is no other viewpoint to hold just to make themselves feel better, then have at it.

So you agree that the ref had a very good game today?
    I simply said the guy is deluded to think so, nothing at all about making myself or anyone else feel better.
    Funny how some people read what they want and not whats actually being said :rolleyes:

2 decisions does decide a match. Scoring does and liverpool just cannot do that

We did today though. :confused: Yea if two players get sent off from a team that doesn't decide that match. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement