Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 23rd September 2012 K/O 1.30 PM (MOD NOTE #1, #254)

1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

people seem to forget that United have been poor so far in every game this season apart from a 20 minute spell v wigan.

lost to everton and were second best for long spells.
    fairly lucky to beat fulham at home.
    haunted to win at southampton, they were the better team.
    poor v galatasary and could have been beaten.

our performance against liverpool is/was no surprise at all, i think it was clear to most people prior to the game that this was one we would struggle in. add in the fact that as pointed out our lads were playing shortly after a tough CL game (look how poor city and chelsea were also), this was an away game on a highly charged day and that Giggs was playing.....i think its clear to see why united struggled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Leiva wrote: »
    Suppose.

At least Evans didn't cry like a little bitch :pac:

I like this game.

But Agger did :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Can't believe this match thread is still open. Lock it up mods :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

people seem to forget that United have been poor so far in every game this season apart from a 20 minute spell v wigan.

our performance against liverpool is/was no surprise at all, i think it was clear to most people prior to the game that this was one we would struggle in. add in the fact that as pointed out our lads were playing shortly after a tough CL game (look how poor city and chelsea were also), this was an away game on a highly charged day and that Giggs was playing.....i think its clear to see why united struggled.

Your not fooling me!
    Utd have played poorly and been short a decent midfielder or 2 for at least 3 of their last titles!
    And only lost last season on GD.

Its the same as Chelsea are too old to win anything just before winning the double!

Nice try though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Your not fooling me!
    Utd have played poorly and been short a decent midfielder or 2 for at least 3 of their last titles!
    And only lost last season on GD.

Its the same as Chelsea are too old to win anything just before winning the double!

Nice try though :p

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I'm afraid I can't take anything you say seriously after your drivel posts about Liverpool being Stoke City MKII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Liverpool better side obviously. United poor but won. Wheel out the cliché of good sides finding a way to get the job done. True and all!!

About the ref: genuinely thought he got most of the key decisions right. Look at the ball for the Suarez penno claim - it goes 15 yards towards the touchline. If Evans makes no contact with the ball then surely the ball goes towards the keeper as Suarez is trying to run in on goal. No penno there.

Sending off, few things - Shelvey deserved to go. It looked far more wild than what Evans did. Had an exaggerated right leg swinging around, higher in the air, coming into the tackle from further away and at a faster pace. All of which amounts to it looking worse. Refs dont have the benefit of endless replays. With those sort of lunges in 50-50s it usually comes down to a split second visual. The bald bloke running in 100 miles an hour or the other bloke rolling around on the floor.

Evans could have gone too, there's a case for that, but i'd lean more towards yellow. For the most part he called that right. Anyway much prefer he showed a decisive red than see what happened in the Chelsea game with David Luiz getting away with a horror show!

Valencia penno - contact in the box, he goes down. No news flash here. Attacker goes down under minimal contact. A key difference between the 2 penno shouts is Johnson most definitely didn't get anywhere near the ball. If you put doubt in a refs mind "did he get a nick on the ball" it's harder for him to give it. No doubt over that here. And Yet again for the millionth time this season Glen Johnson caught massively out of position up the field like a left winger, lets Valencia beat him to the ball with a head-start and rushes in. It's week on week he's being caught almost the furthest forward in the team. That gaping hole Valencia ran into is being left every week and Valencia isn't the first to exploit it. The best attacking full backs know when to commit on breaks and when not to, Johnson just commits to every single attack.

As for United, i get the slight impression that the signing of RVP is papering over a few cracks. Kagawa looks class, Rooney is missing, the young lads Powell, Buttner etc look good. But it's still falling down to Giggs and Scholes in the big games. It's been a good year or more since i've felt like United are really clicking and powering away from teams.

Ultimately the 3 points should have stayed in Liverpool but they didn't and that's down more to United always finding a way to get the job done more than the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sending off, few things - Shelvey deserved to go. It looked far more wild than what Evans did. Had an exaggerated right leg swinging around, higher in the air, coming into the tackle from further away and at a faster pace. All of which amounts to it looking worse. Refs dont have the benefit of endless replays. With those sort of lunges in 50-50s it usually comes down to a split second visual. The bald bloke running in 100 miles an hour or the other bloke rolling around on the floor.

Evans could have gone too, there's a case for that, but i'd lean more towards yellow. For the most part he called that right. Anyway much prefer he showed a decisive red than see what happened in the Chelsea game with David Luiz getting away with a horror show!

A key difference between the 2 penno shouts is Johnson most definitely didn't get anywhere near the ball. If you put doubt in a refs mind "did he get a nick on the ball" it's harder for him to give it. No doubt over that here. And Yet again for the millionth time this season Glen Johnson caught massively out of position up the field like a left winger, lets Valencia beat him to the ball with a head-start and rushes in. It's week on week he's being caught almost the furthest forward in the team. That gaping hole Valencia ran into is being left every week and Valencia isn't the first to exploit it. The best attacking full backs know when to commit on breaks and when not to, Johnson just commits to every single attack.

Straining to do some explaining there.

Nah, both were reds and neither were penos (or both were).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

This guy loves both clubs...

ya.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

This guy loves both clubs...

ya.jpg
    Those half and half scarves should be banned for the cringe factor alone.

Advertisement