Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 23rd September 2012 K/O 1.30 PM (MOD NOTE #1, #254)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

How have we looked pathetic please do tell? I know we lost bad against West Brom but apart from that we have been pretty good and unlucky not to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's probably half to do with Liverpool looking pathetic for the majority of their season

The first game was a calamity. Arsenal we got the tactics completely wrong which the manager later admitted. I don't remember looking too pathetic against Man City? We played well against Sunderland and should have come away with the win. I'm expecting a big performance on Sunday.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Could be proved wrong on both counts but here goes,

Can see Liverpool playing well and getting a result

Can see the United fans letting themselves down bigtime (But don't worry I am sure the media will ignore it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

No way it will be ignored if United fans act disrespectful .

There are more arrests involving utd fans at games in the PL than any other team in the PL, yet there is nothing about it. If they do behave in a manner unbecoming, I would put money on it that it will get a couple of seconds on MOTD and be consigned to history.
    By the way, I am not saying that united fans on here would be disrespectful, but there is a hard core of united fans that travel to away games that are s@*m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

There are more arrests involving utd fans at games in the PL than any other team in the PL, yet there is nothing about it. If they do behave in a manner unbecoming, I would put money on it that it will get a couple of seconds on MOTD and be consigned to history.
    By the way, I am not saying that united fans on here would be disrespectful, but there is a hard core of united fans that travel to away games that are s@*m

Or maybe its easy for some Irish guy to take a moral high ground and not knowing the real bitterness between the clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If United turn up and play like they can it will be no contest,whether they will or will be given the go ahead to is another matter.
    That Liverpool teams best efforts will be no match for Uniteds.

City didn't turn up,Sunderland were dire so I wouldn't take anything from either of those games.
    Arsenal went at it and walked all over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

opr wrote: »
    The first game was a calamity. Arsenal we got the tactics completely wrong which the manager later admitted. I don't remember looking too pathetic against Man City? We played well against Sunderland and should have come away with the win. I'm expecting a big performance on Sunday.

Opr
    It's the only time lfc put an effort in its like cup final playing united sad really that your seasons high points are trying to shadow a terrible season year in year out by trying to "beat united"!!!

DARK-KNIGHT ;)

Jax Teller wrote: »

United will pay respects to the dead and their families!!!

And that's where the niceness stops lets not kid ourselves the hatred is there from both camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

And that's where the niceness stops lets not kid ourselves the hatred is there from both camps.

You do realise the difference between rivalry and hatred right ?

• Advertisement

I am writing about that bitterness, things I remember from Pool/utd games mate. two things spring to mind, back in the 70's the darts thrown into the Liverpool end by United supporters, plus an Irish girl was hit by a coin at last years game at Old Trafford, the bitterness comes from the united side by the way as it was based on jealousy of Liverpools dominance in the 70's and 80's. and it is septic and it is hatred and people like Gary Neville in the past and Patrice Evra perpetuate that hatred.

I am writing about that bitterness, things I remember from Pool/utd games mate. two things spring to mind, back in the 70's the darts thrown into the Liverpool end by United supporters, plus an Irish girl was hit by a coin at last years game at Old Trafford, the bitterness comes from the united side by the way as it was based on jealousy of Liverpools dominance in the 70's and 80's. and it is septic and it is hatred and people like Gary Neville in the past and Patrice Evra perpetuate that hatred.
    Ah yea,sure it's all one way traffic.
    Liverpool have a model fanbase that all other clubs should aspire to :rolleyes:
    By the way,how many United fans threw that coin.Hard to believe it was any more than 1....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Leiva wrote: »
    You do realise the difference between rivalry and hatred right ?
    Why can't there be both? I'll be honest and say that I hate Liverpool, with a passion, but I heavily appreciate the rivalry from a footballing and social perspective without even bringing hatred into it. I have total respect for those who have died and I'm willing to abide sheepishly by whatever ceremony and remembrance is set for them because that never deserves to be walked on; but beyond that I can't stand Liverpool, and would rather be against them than with them.

Thread hotting up!

Should be in flames by midday Sunday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Yea that's where it came from of course. We are jealous. Try reading a bit more into it and see that's its not just a football rivalry the two cities were rivals over a lot more than football.

Or just keep watching and believing sky.

This was the coin utd fans threw so I'd imagine it was more than one culprit involved.

big-lottery-big-coin-726195.JPG

I do my best not to watch sky, as for believing any c rap that comes out of a media empire that has links to the S*n, don't think so butty ;)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This was the coin utd fans threw so I'd imagine it was more than one culprit involved.

The girl in question received medical attention, they caught the sc umbag on video in the ground and the police asked her to press charges.

Nailz wrote: »
    Why can't there be both? I'll be honest and say that I hate Liverpool, with a passion, but I heavily appreciate the rivalry from a footballing and social perspective without even bringing hatred into it. I have total respect for those who have died and I'm willing to abide sheepishly by whatever ceremony and remembrance is set for them because that never deserves to be walked on; but beyond that I can't stand Liverpool, and would rather be against them than with them.

Hatred is a strong word for a sporting rivalry imo and will only breed ignorance.

Yes I can't stand UTD but I don't hate them in the sense that the word is meant.

See I think a lot of people mix up both words and take it too much to the extreme like hating somebody they have never spoken or met just because they wear a club jersey of a rival, why?, low I.Q maybe.

I do my best not to watch sky, as for believing any c rap that comes out of a media empire that has links to the S*n, don't think so butty ;)

Well saying the bitterness comes from us is incorrect. If anything the rivalry between the cities started with the building of the Manchester ship canal. Loss of jobs in Liverpool started the resentment which flows into football.

Don't call me butty either pal , whatever the **** butty means :)

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »

Hats off to him for sneaking that in :D

Hatred is a strong word for a sporting rivalry imo and will only breed ignorance.

Yes I can't stand UTD but I don't hate them in the sense that the word is meant.

See I think a lot of people mix up both words and take it too much to the extreme like hating somebody they have never spoken or met just because they wear a club jersey of a rival, why?, low I.Q maybe.

I seriously hate the club, I have friends that are utd supporters, I don't hate them, just the club. Its so bad that I will only watch them on TV when I see they are getting beaten, makes my day. Everton/United is the only match that I wish it was possible that both teams lose :) Patrice Evra's stunt last season, only confirmed my hatred of all things utd. I make no apologies for how I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah GTFO, I ****ing hate Manchester United and it's nothing to do with a low intelligence.

Its so bad that I will only watch them on TV when I see they are getting beaten, makes my day
    So you don't see them all that often?
    Pretty sad really.
    On the plus side,you must have tuned in to the Southampton game and had your heartbroken :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I seriously hate the club, I have friends that are utd supporters, I don't hate them, just the club. Its so bad that I will only watch them on TV when I see they are getting beaten, makes my day. Everton/United is the only match that I wish it was possible that both teams lose :) Patrice Evra's stunt last season, only confirmed my hatred of all things utd. I make no apologies for how I feel.

Funny I'd be different.

I respect them as they are a massive club and they have achieved incredible things in their history and have had some great players in their time. George Best is probably the greatest player I've ever seen.

I can't stand the supporters. Really are awful in my opinoin and you can see that when they lose a final that none are around for cup presentation...so different to LFC supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah GTFO, I ****ing hate Manchester United and it's nothing to do with a low intelligence.
    go on then, give us your intelligent reasons for hating an overseas football team.

I see the lowest common denominator from both fanbases are starting to emerge on this thread, not long before The Radiator shows up I suppose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jax Teller wrote: »

You're single handidly ruining Batman's reputation.

Since the Arsenal game I haven't expected to get any results, Sunday will be the same...but as long as The Rodgers gives a good interview after the game the majority will be happy.

Sorry that comment was directly linked to what I said about people having a hatred/prejudice against people they never met just because of a jersey on their back

murpho999 wrote: »

Funny I'd be different.

I respect them as they are a massive club and they have achieved incredible things in their history and have had some great players in their time. George Best is probably the greatest player I've ever seen.

I can't stand the supporters. Really are awful in my opinoin and you can see that when they lose a final that none are around for cup presentation...so different to LFC supporters.
    This is getting ridiculous, what stupid reasoning to dislike someone and elevate others.

• Advertisement

I'd agree with pretty much all of that. I'm afraid to say though what I feel for Liverpool is hatred, my blood boils in certain instances regarding Liverpool, be it one thing or another, and that's only something I could describe as hate in my own personal terms, but that just me I'm sorry to say.

Don't take that in the sense I don't get on with Liverpool supporters or anything like that, I'm up for a bit of friendly banter as much as the next man, nor would I let it get in the way of anything in my day to day life (how would letting something like that happen be humanly possible anyway?); anyone who does could only be considered a drain on the game and society in general, in your words, it's probably those with low IQ. ;)
    Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Don't call me butty either pal , whatever the **** butty means :)

I'm not sure he's clever enough to have meant that, guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I don't know why we get so worked up about liverpool, they are as much rivals as leeds. Chelsea, man city and arsenal(teams that have actually been able to compete in recent history) are the ones who matter.

But Liverpool have a tendency to get under most united fans skin. Last years episode and the crap they came out with stoked the fires big time. So if united win i'll be absolutely made up, if they lose i'll console myself with the fact that come what may at the end of the season they will still be looking up the table and living on past memories;)

I'm not sure he's clever enough to have meant that
    Perhaps not...
    guy.
    I'm not your guy, friend. :pac:

Perhaps not...

I'm not your guy, friend. :pac:

Don't call me friend, buddy!

This could go on a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Liam O wrote: »
    go on then, give us your intelligent reasons for hating an overseas football team.

I see the lowest common denominator from both fanbases are starting to emerge on this thread, not long before The Radiator shows up I suppose...

Why do I hate an overseas club? Why do you support one?

• Advertisement

I don't know why we get so worked up about liverpool, they are as much rivals as leeds. Chelsea, man city and arsenal(teams that have actually been able to compete in recent history) are the ones who matter.

But Liverpool have a tendency to get under most united fans skin. Last years episode and the crap they came out with stoked the fires big time. So if united win i'll be absolutely made up, if they lose i'll console myself with the fact that come what may at the end of the season they will still be looking up the table and living on past memories;)

As much as this speel is dished out about Liverpool not being a rival now to UTD or we are just a mid table team bla bla bla ... we are not going away !

It's compelete and utter crap tbh and if anything embarrassing to the poster.

Yes Liverpool have had it hard the past few seasons and been pretty crap tbh, yes we have finished in the wrong end of the top 10 but if you think a club like Liverpool FC will just bend, fold and go away your very mistaken.

The transition won't take forever and it's not as if every team will not go through it at some time (others quicker that they might think ;) ) so I'm afraid all the talking about mid table team etc etc ain't gonna change the fact that LFC are here to stay.

Your stuck with us .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

We won more silverware last year than United did :D

Don't call me friend, buddy!

This could go on a while.
    Let's stop. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

clusterfcuk predictions are shaping up well.

Why do I hate an overseas club? Why do you support one?

Because liking things makes me feel good? I'm fanatic about football, a lot of my life is taken up talking about it. I wouldn't get myself down if Liverpool did well though, I like supporting United more than hating others, must be different for you and going on some of the delusional posts in this thread a lot of others. I watch football for enjoyment,there are aspects I dislike but if I found myself "hating" elements of it I don't think I'd bother. I don't want to see them do well as they are rivals and things like that but I'm not going to chew the furniture if they do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I don't hate Utd, although I'm a passionate Liverpool fan. It'd be a waste of energy. I'd rather concentrate on LFC tbf. In saying that, there are a lot of things to dislike about them, mostly to do with their fanbase, of which most of my mates are members of which makes it all the better when we do get a result against them. I think there is a lot to be admired about Utd too however. The knack of developing/spotting young talent, the sheer determination not to lose, the habit of winning consistently...

I'm not from Liverpool, so I don't 'hate' Everton either. I think it's a great, well run club with some very good players. So the Utd game is 'my derby', but as for hating them... nah, I'd rather just focus on what Liverpool are at.

As much as this speel is dished out about Liverpool not being a rival now to UTD or we are just a mid table team bla bla bla ... we are not going away !

It's compelete and utter crap tbh and if anything embarrassing to the poster.

Yes Liverpool have had it hard the past few seasons and been pretty crap tbh, yes we have finished in the wrong end of the top 10 but if you think a club like Liverpool FC will just bend, fold and go away your very mistaken.

The transition won't take forever and it's not as if every team will not go through it at some time (others quicker that they might think ;) ) so I'm afraid all the talking about mid table team etc etc ain't gonna change the fact that LFC are here to stay.

Your stuck with us .
    Don't want yous to go away,just keep going the way yous are will do me fine ;)

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Don't want yous to go away,just keep going the way yous are will do me fine ;)

No bother .

4-0 on Sunday it is then :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If United turn up and play like they can it will be no contest,whether they will or will be given the go ahead to is another matter.
    That Liverpool teams best efforts will be no match for Uniteds.

City didn't turn up,Sunderland were dire so I wouldn't take anything from either of those games.
    Arsenal went at it and walked all over them.

So Liverpool never played well, it was the opposition being crap? I hate that type of simple anaysis.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    So Liverpool never played well, it was the opposition being crap? I hate that type of simple anaysis.
    Sunderland to a man were awful.Sessegnon and Larsson looked like they came straight from an all night rave.City just have not got going yet at all.
    Simple analysis,simply analysed.
    I think that's a fair comment,I've no problem giving credit where it is due.
    I don't think Liverpool played particularly well in either game.

Sunderland to a man were awful.Sessegnon and Larsson looked like they came straight from an all night rave.City just have not got going yet at all.
    Simple analysis,simply analysed.
    I think that's a fair comment,I've no problem giving credit where it is due.
    I don't think Liverpool played particularly well in either game.

Would you like to spray some of **** that you expel from your every orifice towards football in general upon your own team who have been also largely **** so far this season?

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Would you like to spray some of **** that you expel from your every orifice towards football in general upon your own team who have been also largely **** so far this season?

Opr
    No Liverpool fan can criticise united your team are just too bad to be cocky bout anything!! And besides that WE HAVE RVP AND KAGAWAAAAAAAAAA!!! I hope KAGAWAAAAAAAAAA isn't racially abused in anfield like has happened other players..?? ;)

Has Red Cafe shut down or something?

No Liverpool fan can criticise united your team are just too bad to be cocky bout anything!! And besides that WE HAVE RVP AND KAGAWAAAAAAAAAA!!! I hope KAGAWAAAAAAAAAA isn't racially abused in anfield like has happened other players..?? ;)

iiLLU.gif

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I hope KAGAWAAAAAAAAAA isn't racially abused in anfield like has happened other players..?? ;)

0.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement