Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 23rd September 2012 K/O 1.30 PM (MOD NOTE #1, #254)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

To be fair while not putting it well at all(!), our caped crusader has a point and that is what I'm putting a lot of hope in for Sunday. RVP showed last season that he can be trusted to get into positions to score against Liverpool and without someone like Lucas who will be able to dominate the areas between defense and midfield for Liverpool Kagawa should have space to operate. A lot depends on what players are around those two imo. Cleverly will work well with them imo if he plays, Giggs and Scholes not so much. Nani will create chances as he always does if he's played but Welbeck hasn't been that great in his final ball this season so if he plays over Nani I wouldn't be happy.

I'd like to see either the same starting lineup as on Wednesday with Cleverly in for Scholes, or maybe Nani on the right and Welbeck on the left despite what I said above about Welbeck, can't see Valencia having that something special if Enrique has a good defensive outing though he did well for a period in one of last season's games. I just think this time there is not much Liverpool can do to nullify the United attack and when this United attack have played with any bit of tempo this season they have looked good and intensity should be present on Sunday.
    RikkFlair wrote: »
    Racist picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

opr wrote: »
    Would you like to spray some of **** that you expel from your every orifice towards football in general upon your own team who have been also largely **** so far this season?

Opr
    Lol,calm down kiddo.
    We have been largely **** so far,difference is our **** is good enough to beat most teams in the league.

cambo2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

United to win and RVP to shine like a BAWSS!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No Liverpool fan can criticise united your team are just too bad to be cocky bout anything!! And besides that WE HAVE RVP AND KAGAWAAAAAAAAAA!!! I hope KAGAWAAAAAAAAAA isn't racially abused in anfield like has happened other players..?? ;)

That's unfair. How were LFC expected to stop the Utd fans singing the Park Ji Sung song the last few seasons?

RikkFlair wrote: »
    0.jpg
    Is that Glenn Hysen???

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Lol,calm down kiddo.
    We have been largely **** so far,difference is our **** is good enough to beat most teams in the league.

cambo2008

Is this your new buzzword now? It seems weird because most posters sound older than you!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is this your new buzzword now? It seems weird because most posters sound older than you!
    I don't know anybody's age on here,not that I care.I use it all the time,even to people I do know that are older than me.
    It's a term of endearment where I'm from ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

opr wrote: »
    Would you like to spray some of **** that you expel from your every orifice towards football in general upon your own team who have been also largely **** so far this season?

Opr

There's a difference. United being shiit has them second in the league. Liverpool being shiit has them 17th. You said earlier on that no team in the league were afraid of United. I think that them playing obviously way below their ability and still getting results is very worrying for the rest of the league.

Liverpool haven't actually been that terrible on a couple of occasions this year. But on both those occasions, they looked like a side full of effort and slightly lacking in ability. That must be the most worrying thing for Liverpool fans. Effort is the easiest component to install. Rodgers has done that well to be fair, but quality is needed to make the next step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:D Still over a day to go and already...

eketmp.jpg

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :D Still over a day to go and already...

eketmp.jpg
    Ah sure it's only great craic altogether :D

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    There's a difference. United being shiit has them second in the league. Liverpool being shiit has them 17th. You said earlier on that no team in the league were afraid of United. I think that them playing obviously way below their ability and still getting results is very worrying for the rest of the league.

Liverpool haven't actually been that terrible on a couple of occasions this year. But on both those occasions, they looked like a side full of effort and slightly lacking in ability. That must be the most worrying thing for Liverpool fans. Effort is the easiest component to install. Rodgers has done that well to be fair, but quality is needed to make the next step.

His point of having teams having no fear of Utd is fairly relevant in fairness. They have a poor squad in terms of a team going for titles, but Ferguson is such a good manager that he always gets them through.

Last season, if Ferguson was managing City and Mancini was managing Utd, City would have walked the league whereas Utd would struggle to qualify for the Champions League.

When teams go to Old Trafford, there's a psychological barrier where most of them are already beaten. They just assume that it's Man U at Old Trafford so therefore they'll be beaten. Yet, you look at the likes of Benfica, Basle, Bilbao etc. They went for it and Utd's defence was found out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Liam O wrote: »

Um yeah as a United fan I know Kagawa is Japanese....just trying to inject some humour, far too much seriousness and childish willy-waving in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If Mike Bassett was managing United last season they would've still have qualified for the champions league.

Anyway, it's late and i'm tired. I'll let someone else jump on that nonsense post

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    If Mike Bassett was managing United last season they would've still have qualified for the champions league.

Anyway, it's late and i'm tired. I'll let someone else jump on that nonsense post

Mike Bassett!! Can't be arsed. Someone else. Going to bed!!

Checklisted!

Last season, if Ferguson was managing City and Mancini was managing Utd, City would have walked the league whereas United would struggle to qualify for the Champions League.
    Yea because there's so many better squads in the league......

• Advertisement

Yea because there's so many better squads in the league......

Well, i'd argue if Ferguson was in charge of the Spurs and Chelsea squads of last season, he'd have more of a chance of finishing higher than a Mancini managed Utd from last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lol,calm down kiddo.

cambo2008

I laughed.

Well, i'd argue if Ferguson was in charge of the Spurs and Chelsea squads of last season, he'd have more of a chance of finishing higher than a Mancini managed Utd from last year.
    But that's a pretty odd way of looking at it in fairness.
    First of all if Fergie wasn't managing United you can more or less guarantee it would have been someone with far more pedigree than Mancini,it's an appealing job.
    Secondly,why does it have to be Ferguson managing the challenging teams?
    That's just not going to happen.
    It's a very hypothetical argument you're putting up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Liverpool 0-3 Man Und
    (Manchester City and Arsenal Score Draw in the main game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where did all these new posters come from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

RasTa wrote: »

Transition year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

RasTa wrote: »

they somehow get past the "access request procedure"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

My god there is some slurry being spread in here. Great entertainment. Would it be against SF charter to openly name who will get first bans, infractions etc? Could be a fun game!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

1-0 to Liverpool. Doni to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Since the turn of the century I've heard that United have had a poor squad and are in decline and it was only Fergie keeping them going.

Some people are patently unable to objectively view the players they are denouncing as "poor" when the reality is that they'd walk into almost every team in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

His point of having teams having no fear of Utd is fairly relevant in fairness. They have a poor squad in terms of a team going for titles, but Ferguson is such a good manager that he always gets them through.

Last season, if Ferguson was managing City and Mancini was managing Utd, City would have walked the league whereas Utd would struggle to qualify for the Champions League.

When teams go to Old Trafford, there's a psychological barrier where most of them are already beaten. They just assume that it's Man U at Old Trafford so therefore they'll be beaten. Yet, you look at the likes of Benfica, Basle, Bilbao etc. They went for it and Utd's defence was found out.

Poor compared to ManUtd 2007-08, overall our squad was arguably best in the league. Yes. I meant squad not first 11. That's the reason we coped with all the injuries and finished second and losing it only on goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

To be fair, any Liverpool fans questioning the strenght of Uniteds squad need to take a long look at thier own team.
    Liverpool fans would be delighted to have the likes of Hernandez, Wellbeck, Young, Smalling and Jones as first team players never mind squad players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We should really dominate the midfield battle and position, however our ability to concede poor goals and being unable to score ourselves is a worry.
    Felexicon wrote: »
    To be fair, any Liverpool fans questioning the strenght of Uniteds squad need to take a long look at thier own team.
    Liverpool fans would be delighted to have the likes of Hernandez, Wellbeck, Young, Smalling and Jones as first team players never mind squad players.

Smalling, Jones and Wellbeck wouldn't get into our first team.

We should really dominate the midfield battle and position, however our ability to concede poor goals and being unable to score ourselves is a worry.

Smalling, Jones and Wellbeck wouldn't get into our first team.
    OK :rolleyes:

Young wouldn't either if we had Hernandez also.

• Advertisement

Young wouldn't either if we had Hernandez also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Depending on results,a United win would put Liverpool bottom of the league devil-animated-animation-devil-smiley-emoticon-000386-large.gif

Glad you're learning Felexicon.

The only thing I've learned here is that you view Liverpools current players through rose tinted glasses

The only thing I've learned here is that you view Liverpools current players through rose tinted glasses

It seems you view them through no glasses at all and just seem to keep your eyes closed during our matches.

It seems you view them through no glasses at all and just seem to keep your eyes closed during our matches.
    My eyes are always open during Liverpool games.

Love a good comedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

My eyes are always open during Liverpool games.

Love a good comedy

:rolleyes:

Explains your attempt at considering Phil Jones good enough to start for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Who would jones or smalling start ahead of in the Liverpool side? Can smalling play left back?

Also wellbeck, assuming he can play either as a striker or an advanced wide man similar to sterling, Id sooner have Gerard and sterling in that role with Suarez up front then wellbeck

Wellbeck wouldn't get into our first team.
    Borini does....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

people are questioning the strength of Uniteds squad? good lord...over the past five years the squad has been one of the strongest, if not the strongest in europe, to question it, is astonishing..

the first 11 is questionable and its what cost united the league last year, but the squad is whats got us to withing seconds of winning it along with 4 league titles since 07 and 3 CL finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

K-9 wrote: »
    So Liverpool never played well, it was the opposition being crap? I hate that type of simple anaysis.

Ah that's always the case with Liverpool even in years gone by under rafa destroy man utd and Madrid and both never turned up for the games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

This thread is extremely cringeworthy.

Hopefully a good 2-0 win for us with van Persie and Vidic scoring. I don't see Liverpool scoring and I don't really see the threat in their side but this is a one off game and it never suggests form or league position.

We have been fairly average this season but we have done the business when it mattered. I think the press are slightly favouring Liverpool to win and I think there is huge pressure on Rodgers to start turning the results around.

I also think people are overrating Liverpool's performance against City who haven't, like ourselves, got started so far this year. Liverpool were completely dominated by Arsenal last week so I hope we can do the same. I don't think Liverpool are better than us in any area of the pitch but I have a feeling Liverpool are going to win a tightly contested game 1-0. Maybe it's been the events of the previous week and how it would be romantic for Rodgers to kick start Liverpool's season with a win over us.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Also wellbeck, assuming he can play either as a striker or an advanced wide man similar to sterling, Id sooner have Gerard and sterling in that role with Suarez up front then wellbeck
    That's not how Liverpool set up.You are shoehorning players in to keep Welbeck out.
    Welbeck would be in the first 11.

Borini does....

Lack of goals is a problem up front, so why would we have Wellbeck in our team? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lack of goals is a problem up front, so why would we have Wellbeck in our team? :confused:

Because he's a better option than Borini by an order of magnitude? :confused:

• Advertisement

Borini does....

Why would you have Borini in your team so?
    If he was already at Liverpool he would start most games.Never said he would be a priority transfer target.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Who would jones or smalling start ahead of in the Liverpool side? Can smalling play left back?

Nonot at left back. He would be a better option than Johnson at right back at the moment though.
    I think Jones would take Skrtels place at centre back. He would be a real Rogers type of player. Able to take the ball under pressure and pick a pass.

Also you could play Wellbeck up front with Suar..............oh wait, never mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Refs are aware of Suarez diving and Gerrard does not get in thee box as often, so we need some other English player to dive :p;)

I wouldn't have Wellbeck starting in the wide right role of our front 3 over borini.

Edit: Smalling a better right back than Johnson? hahahahaha.

Refs are aware of Suarez diving and Gerrard does not get in thee box as often, so we need some other English player to dive :p;)
    Tbf though, diving is a skill in the modern game and if Wellbeck has worked on it enough to fool refs more power to him

• Advertisement
Advertisement