Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 23rd September 2012 K/O 1.30 PM (MOD NOTE #1, #254)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    My God, this has turned crazy!

Who in their right mind can think that Suarez would get near a forward position ahead of Rooney or RVP :eek:

Allen is suddenly the second coming of Xavi after a few average performances that looked ok because everyone around him was pathetic. Even Agger is questionable. Decent players look a lot better than they actually are in average teams. I'm fairly certain Smalling will turn out to be much better than him. Johnson has shown what a liability he is on two occasions already this year, wouldn't want him anywhere near a United team.

Evra has been amazing this year though, just flawless performance after flawless performance not a single mistake in sight.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Show us your medals Joe.

Medals, shmedals. A pass completion of 85% upwards is all Joe needs.
    Des wrote: »
    He passes the ball five or six yards sideways or backwards. Totes amazeballs.

Yeah....but he does it so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How the **** is Joe Allen so highly rated? He is a decent player who has time to improve but has done fck all so far.
    Lucas is the only Liverpool player I could see making the current United XI.Maybe Johnson at a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Evra has been amazing this year though, just flawless performance after flawless performance not a single mistake in sight.

Yeah thats clearly the consensus of Utd fans alright. Deluded lot. :)

yabadabado wrote: »
    How the **** is Joe Allen so highly rated? He is a decent player who has time to improve but has done fck all so far.
    Lucas is the only Liverpool player I could see making the current United XI.Maybe Johnson at a push.

I don't think it's because he is highly rated, most people are just smart enough to realise how **** united's midfield is. Carrick, Scholes, giggs, Anderson, Cleverly aren't exactly world beaters.

• Advertisement

Yup thats what all United fans think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Carrick is twice the player Allen is. Just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I apologise to Redzerdrog,I agree-Henderson is more mobile than Anderson,it's just the footballing bit that he's shit at.I bet Steve Bruce still wakes up laughing that Liverpool paid 20 odd million for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Don't delude yourself, Johnson is far better than any full back at united, Allen would walk into your starting 11. Suarez would start the majority of games and your bull about Henderson, coming from a club that give game time to Anderson? What a joke.

This is the funniest one so far. Arent you the poster that said Suarez was worth £35m?
    redzerdrog wrote: »

think you should read the thread again

You say the 6 wouldn't make it in all together. So make a combined United/Liverpool best XI there. I'm fascinated to see what you come up with

I don't think it's because he is highly rated, most people are just smart enough to realise how **** united's midfield is. Carrick, Scholes, giggs, Anderson, Cleverly aren't exactly world beaters.
    No on is saying they are,majority of United fans reckon the midfield isn't good enough but Allen still wouldnt get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

In my own opinion of course

Liverpool - United

Lucas, Agger, Sterling, Skrtel, Reina and Sahin, would all have good game time at United.

United - Liverpool

RVP, Rooney, Vidic, Young, Kagawa and Nani would do the same at liverpool.

It's hard to be a fan and accept some rivals have some players you'd love to have, and say once they have been at the dark side that you would have them in your team - But, you would.

Someone do a 1st and 2nd team using the 2 squads and see what you come up with! Will be interested in the varied results from the 2 supporters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

ardinn wrote: »
    In my own opinion of course

Liverpool - United

Lucas, Agger, Sterling, Skrtel, Reina and Sahin, would all have good game time at United.

United - Liverpool

RVP, Rooney, Vidic, Young, Kagawa and Nani would do the same at liverpool.

It's hard to be a fan and accept some rivals have some players you'd love to have, and say once they have been at the dark side that you would have them in your team - But, you would.

Someone do a 1st and 2nd team using the 2 squads and see what you come up with! Will be interested in the varied results from the 2 supporters :D
    You watch football right?

No on is saying they are,majority of United fans reckon the midfield isn't good enough but Allen still wouldnt get into it.

What Liverpool fans said he was highly rated though? They just said he'd make the United 11, which I think he would. Don't see any posts here saying how amazing he is.

zerks wrote: »
    I apologise to Redzerdrog,I agree-Henderson is more mobile than Anderson,it's just the footballing bit that he's shit at.I bet Steve Bruce still wakes up laughing that Liverpool paid 20 odd million for him.

£22m for Anderson is pretty comical as well tbh. They must have paid for him by the kilo.

The thread has descended into a farce, just read the last few hours worth. Bloody hell, even decent posters from both sets are being dragged into it by blinkered fans.

Roll on the actual football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Every year some Liverpool fans do this. Every year. Despite their team being the footballing equivalent of Eddie the Eagle, they delude themselves into thinking over 50% of their first team would get into the team who finished level on points last year with the champions.

Underrated post is underrated :pac:

Joe Allen mania is alive and well, brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

WWhat way do Liverpool fans think/want Rodgers to approach this one in regards to team selection and tactics.

£22m for Anderson is pretty comical as well tbh. They must have paid for him by the kilo.

We're fattening him up,then it's off to the mart in January.

Joe Allen looks like a decent signing but I don't think anyone is getting carried away with him. I'm not anyway.

He was an expensive signing and has a lot to prove but he's done well so far especially considering he's actually covering Lucas while he's out.

Probably too serious a post this id imagine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Do people in here bother with the rest of the Premiership at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Don't delude yourself, Johnson is far better than any full back at united, Allen would walk into your starting 11. Suarez would start the majority of games and your bull about Henderson, coming from a club that give game time to Anderson? What a joke.

This is the funniest one so far. Arent you the poster that said Suarez was worth £35m?
    redzerdrog wrote: »

think you should read the thread again

You say the 6 wouldn't make it in all together. So make a combined United/Liverpool best XI there. I'm fascinated to see what you come up with
    Who mentioned a combined team? read the thread again

Fergie confirms that Rooney won't make the game tomorrow.Everyone else that was fit for the Galatasary game is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Joe Allen looks like a decent signing but I don't think anyone is getting carried away with him. I'm not anyway.

He was an expensive signing and has a lot to prove but he's done well so far especially considering he's actually covering Lucas while he's out.

Probably too serious a post this id imagine!
    Exactly. Allen has looked promising and is looking like he might prove worth the £15 million odd Liverpool paid for him.

I think Reina would be 1st choice at Old Trafford, Agger would also be first choice and probably Johnson too. After that Allen and Lucas would get a lot of game time but may not be in the best 11 Utd have. Liverpool are lacking seriously in the middle and upfront, and have been for the past few years.

What Liverpool fans said he was highly rated though? They just said he'd make the United 11, which I think he would. Don't see any posts here saying how amazing he is.

Lads saying he would walk into uniteds starting 11 would suggest some people rate him highly.Just don't see how people think he would take Carricks place in Uniteds midfield.I woulnt be a big fan of Carrick and would be happy to see him replaced but at this point in time he would be in the 11 before Allen everytime.Allen is young and with time might be a top class player but he has a while to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

IvySlayer wrote: »

That's being kind to Allen. I'd say Carrick is 47 times the player Allen is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'd still take him over Enrique,talk about a nosediving career :pac:

Now that Ferdinand is on the way down,Agger would probably be a starter for United.
    Lucas definitely.
    As would Sahin but that doesn't really count as he is a Madrid player at the end of the day.
    Suarez would get game time but would be on the bench the majority of the time.

That's it in fairness.2 starters and a sub.

Lads saying he would walk into uniteds starting 11 would suggest some people rate him highly.Just don't see how people think he would take Carricks place in Uniteds midfield.I woulnt be a big fan of Carrick and would be happy to see him replaced but at this point in time he would be in the 11 before Allen everytime.Allen is young and with time might be a top class player but he has a while to go yet.

Again I just think it means they don't rate the United midfield well at all, and why would anyone. No point going on about it though, neither of us will change our mind anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

J. Marston wrote: »
    IvySlayer wrote: »

That's being kind to Allen. I'd say Carrick is 47 times the player Allen is.
    That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

looder wrote: »
    Exactly. Allen has looked promising and is looking like he might prove worth the £15 million odd Liverpool paid for him.

I think Reina would be 1st choice at Old Trafford, Agger would also be first choice and probably Johnson too. After that Allen and Lucas would get a lot of game time but may not be in the best 11 Utd have. Liverpool are lacking seriously in the middle and upfront, and have been for the past few years.

Reina is lucky to be no.1 at liverpool considering his form over the last year. Johnson while good going forward is a bad defender. Lucas or agger might have a chance if either of them could stay injury free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

....and back out the door I go.

Strange you would post this as a Pool fan. Not got a Premier League winning moment for your own team no??? :D

Oh, and the arguments over which Pool players would get into the United team is throwing up some comical answers. Serious delusion from some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

No chance, Reina was poor last season and has made a few more clangers this season. SAF is now rotating our keepers when they mess up, Reina's current form wouldn't be tolerated.

It's not just the clangers... he's making fewer "top-class" saves and his distribution isn't at the same level anymore.

Also, Rafael (6 years younger) is as good as Johnson and will likely overtake him soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

smokedeels wrote: »
    No chance, Reina was poor last season and has made a few more clangers this season. SAF is now rotating our keepers when they mess up, Reina's current form wouldn't be tolerated.

Rafael (6 years younger) is as good as Johnson and will likely overtake him soon.

lolz :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Have I missed something? Glen Johnson is nothing more than decent and won't get any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Strange you would post this as a Pool fan. Not got a Premier League winning moment for your own team no??? :D

Very hard to upload VHS.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Pj! wrote: »
    Do people in here bother with the rest of the Premiership at all?

Umm, this is the Liverpool v United thread, not the rest of the premiership thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

So, lindergard most likely to start tomorrow?
    Ferguson said post match against Galatasaray that De Gea was more suited to Champions league.
    Damning praise in my opinion.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Very hard to upload VHS.:cool:

They would love one of these. http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-20F03828-3A47FD58/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_24503.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Joe Allen is already better then Carrick after 4 games? My word...

RasTa wrote: »
    Joe Allen is already better then Carrick after 4 games? My word...

Some compared him to Xavi & Iniesta:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Nunu wrote: »
    So, lindergard most likely to start tomorrow?
    Ferguson said post match against Galatasaray that De Gea was more suited to Champions league.
    Damning praise in my opinion.

I hope not, I want De Gea to get a chance. He done excellent during second half of the season last year and should not have been dropped due to a silly mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

How's Andy Carroll doing? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

b757 wrote: »
    I hope not, I want De Gea to get a chance. He done excellent during second half of the season last year and should not have been dropped due to a silly mistake.

Fergie is getting it all wrong with De Gea. He's not Bosnich and Barthez, where the errors they made were errors they'd made all their careers. He's young, we should expect some mistakes but he's not in that old dog new tricks stage that other error prone goalies we had were. Basically, he needs to not be dropped if he makes a howler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Finally some talk about the actual game!

I reckon Lindegaard will start in goals. BUT, I also think that this is completely wrong. I've voiced my opinion many times about this, and not gonna re-hash it all here.
    Suffice to say, I can't understand why de Gea isn't playing every game. Best keeper we have by quite a distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Oh, and the arguments over which Pool players would get into the United team is throwing up some comical answers. Serious delusion from some

I'm half thinking about changing the franchise that I support.

Blue Moon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The shiite in this thread.

GO-SPORTS-TEAM-beat-the-other-opposing-sports-team.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I'm half thinking about changing the franchise that I support.

Blue Moon!

Oh so you threw that last vid in as a troll?? Good man yourself take it your following city around 2 or 3 years well most city fans don't have a jersey older than 2009 ;)

Follow a club or follow a wad of cash

Disclaimer: this is not meant to anger genuine city fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Again I just think it means they don't rate the United midfield well at all, and why would anyone. No point going on about it though, neither of us will change our mind anyway.

Uniteds midfield, while not up to scratch at the very top level, is still better than Liverpool's. Uniteds middle is always sighted as a weakness, because it is weak compared to their defence, which has been generally excellent since 2006, good wingplay and a strikeforce that always gets goals.

It is better than Liverpool's however. A 36 year old Paul Scholes pissed on your midfield twice last season. I had friends who were in the Kop for the FA cup game, that said they were never so happy to see a player taken off. That feeling was reflected by those around them. He would be one of Liverpool top performers if he were there. As would Carrick. People forget how everyone was raving about Carrick in his late Spurs days. He would stand out for a midtable side, as shown there. It's only when he came to United and was partnered by Scholes in his pomp and with quality around him, that people realised his limitations. Still, put him in an average side and he would come across as a top performer.

Allen has played ok, but still can't be said to be as good as Carrick yet. Gerrard can still be brilliant on occasion, however noone with sense would put him into the advanced role ahead of Kagawa. Only Lucas would possibly make it into United midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

A midfield 3 of Sahin,Lucas and Allen surely must register as a pretty good midfield by people here yes? Problem being that wont come about till December :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

A midfield 3 of Sahin,Lucas and Allen surely must register as a pretty good midfield by people here yes? Problem being that wont come about till December :pac:

Whipped Cream I hope you are right about Sahin, he was very poor against the Arse, usually players have a bit of juice about them in their debut but he was shocking.

Prob a score draw tomoorow. I hope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement