Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 23rd September 2012 K/O 1.30 PM (MOD NOTE #1, #254)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If Sahin can reproduce his Dortmund form ,he will be a huge addition for liverpool.I was hoping United would try to buy him in the summer, link him up again with Kagawa but woldnt want him on a year loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Oh so you threw that last vid in as a troll?? Good man yourself take it your following city around 2 or 3 years well most city fans don't have a jersey older than 2009 ;)

Follow a club or follow a wad of cash

Disclaimer: this is not meant to anger genuine city fans.
    Ah I threw it in as the thread had got so ridiculous. Delusional fans from both sides arguing over something as trivial as who would get in the other team.

I'm a Liverpool fan by the way, not a City fan. I just wouldn't get as 'caught up' in it as others.

P.s. Ironic that a Manchester United fan throws a jibe about following a wad of cash. When did you start following United? probably Mid to early 90s. . . . (Not a dig directly at you, but it irritates me greatly when United fans (and Liverpool fans) in Ireland go on about lads only following Chelsea and Man City as they are now winning stuff. Irish fans in general love a good bandwagon, which the Premier League era seems to have brought. I've seen grown men fight in the pub about Man United and Liverpool.

*I'm guilty of this myself. I was in Poland shouting on the 'Boys In Green.'

On the game tomorrow, I can see a score draw. 1-1. I'll go with Boirini with the Liverpool goal (he's due one) and RVP with the United goal late on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

ebbsy wrote: »
    Whipped Cream I hope you are right about Sahin, he was very poor against the Arse, usually players have a bit of juice about them in their debut but he was shocking.

Prob a score draw tomoorow. I hope.
    There's no doubting Sahins ability.Hes the best player currently at the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This is how I think we'll line up tomorrow....
    De Gea
    Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
    Carrick Cleverley
    Valencia Kagawa Welbeck
    v.Persie

But I'd rather Nani in for Welbeck and Buttner in for Evra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

ebbsy wrote: »
    Whipped Cream I hope you are right about Sahin, he was very poor against the Arse, usually players have a bit of juice about them in their debut but he was shocking.

Prob a score draw tomoorow. I hope.

He shouldn't have even been on the bench that day by all accounts, he said in the pre young boys conference he's barely played the last year and isn't up to match day fitness yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

A man utd 4-0 win

RVP hat trick and Hernandez to keep up his tradition of scoring at anfield ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

This is how I think we'll line up tomorrow....
    De Gea
    Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
    Carrick Cleverley
    Valencia Kagawa Welbeck
    v.Persie

But I'd rather Nani in for Welbeck and Buttner in for Evra.

I would stick in Buttner for Evra myself, can't see it happening though. Scholes will start instead of Cleverley IMO.

I hope Welbeck does start ahead of Nani, never liked the way Nani plays, especially after the other night.

3-1/3-2 to United id say. Kags, Scholes and RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Knowing Fergie giggs or scholes will be starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I feel like its xmas eve.

Hopefully Evra starts.

Serious weak link for United at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hopefully Evra starts.

He can start, pick up a yellow for injuring sterling, get subbed for buttner and everyone is happy;)

Hopefully Evra starts.

He can start, pick up a yellow for injuring sterling, get subbed for buttner and everyone is happy;)

Wishing injuries on players. Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Classy attitude there dude.

Hopefully Evra starts.

Do you reckon Enrique will start?
    Should even out the weak links if he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hopefully they both start :D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

cambo2008 wrote: »

I'd be amazed if he does considering how he played on Thursday and wasn't included in the PL games before that after his injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Hard to pick weak link in a poor team tbh.. :pac:

It was a joke, in case...

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if he does considering how he played on Thursday and wasn't included in the PL games before that after his injury.
    Ah well,here's hoping :)
    Wasn't sure if it was just the injury that was keeping him out or Rodgers just doesn't fancy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

RVP has been a thorn in liverpools side,well, since arsenal robbed us last year. skittles and dagger better bring their Agame tomorrow.

will raheem be playing after thursday?the manager sure has some faith in him if he does start. it all comes down to the new boys. if they perform then i fancy liverpool. jaysus trying to predict this is like the trying to guess the lotto numbers. get the **** in red men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

emo72 wrote: »
    RVP has been a thorn in liverpools side,well, since arsenal robbed us last year. skittles and dagger better bring their Agame tomorrow.

will raheem be playing after thursday?the manager sure has some faith in him if he does start. it all comes down to the new boys. if they perform then i fancy liverpool. jaysus trying to predict this is like the trying to guess the lotto numbers. get the **** in red men.

In fairness Sterling only came on for the last ten minutes or so.

I'm confident of a win tomorrow due to it being the first home game since the Hillsborough report. The atmosphere will be electric.

It could be the kick start we need to get our season going, or it could show us that Rodgers is not up to the job. If he can't have the team motivated for tomorrow then he never will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Super-Rush wrote: »
    In fairness Sterling only came on for the last ten minutes or so.

I'm confident of a win tomorrow due to it being the first home game since the Hillsborough report. The atmosphere will be electric.

It could be the kick start we need to get our season going, or it could show us that Rodgers is not up to the job. If he can't have the team motivated for tomorrow then he never will.
    One game is going to show if rodgers up to the task .Jaysus hope u don't do much hiring n firing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dalglish's comments on the game tommorow & Hillsborough.
    Kenny Dalglish has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson was one of the first people to offer his help to Liverpool after the Hillsborough disaster.

“When the Hillsborough disaster happened back in 1989, Sir Alex Ferguson was straight on the phone to offer his help in any way he could,” Dalglish said. “People out there have different opinions about him. Some love him, some hate him, but when something terrible happens, like Hillsborough, Alex is one of the first asking what he can do. So although there is an intense rivalry between Manchester United and Liverpool, it would never prevent Alex from offering his assistance, which is exactly what he did back then.”

Dalglish has also reflect on the chants that go back and forth between United and Liverpool fans about Munich and Hillsborough.

“These chants, on both sides, are absolutely scandalous,” he added. “Unless they’ve actually been through something like that, they can have no comprehension of how difficult it is for the people involved and the families affected by these kind of tragedies. Although there is no love lost between United and Liverpool, there is an underlying respect for each other, even though at times it might be through gritted teeth. That’s why I don’t think there will be a problem at Anfield tomorrow.”

Super-Rush wrote: »
    They could be motivated but not good enough.
    If United turn up and play to the best of their abilities there's only one winner imo.

To judge whether he is up to the job on tomorrows game would be very silly.
    It's the games against lesser opposition that they have been regularly dropping points to that will be the real test.

zerks wrote: »
    Dalglish's comments on the game tommorow & Hillsborough.

Meh.. Experts on Boards.ie said SAF is a fantastic manager but cunt of a man. So this can't be true..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Meh.. Experts on Boards.ie said SAF is a fantastic manager but cunt of a man. So this can't be true..

I heard he's a bully to other managers in the league and some sort of mafia boss type character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Liam O wrote: »
    I heard he's a bully to other managers in the league and some sort of mafia boss type character.

Heard that from all your friends at EPL clubs yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Why does everything have to be about scoring points? Kenny has extended some kind words towards your manager in regards a human tragedy and your first thoughts are how I can use them to make others look wrong?

Besides which anyone who know cares enough about the club they support knows all about the history between Kenny and Fergie and the shared entanglement they've had from a very early age.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Liam O wrote: »

So.....hes not? :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

opr wrote: »
    Why does everything have to be about scoring points? Kenny has extended some kind words towards your manager in regards a human tragedy and your first thoughts are how I can use them to make others look wrong?

Besides which anyone who know cares enough about the club they support knows all about the history between Kenny and Fergie and the shared entanglement they've had from a very early age.

Opr

And that comment about Fergie being one the 1st to offer help after Hillsborough was well known

• Advertisement

Opr

Scoring points? :confused:

Read any thread about SAF and you know why I posted that. Nothing to do with Dalglish, he just proved what many ManUtd fans posted in many Ferguson threads.

It's not about making others look wrong, it's about making others (who posted pathetic comments about SAF) to know they know feck all about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Nice words by Daglish. Regaining some of the respect I lost for him last season.

Alex is good at realising the magnitude of some situations. After Liverpool's support and offer of help after the crash, I think he knew United had to extend the olive branch back and have to continue to do so

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Read any thread about SAF and you know why I posted that. Nothing to do with Dalglish, he just proved what many ManUtd fans posted in many Ferguson threads.

It's not about making others look wrong, it's about making others (who posted pathetic comments about SAF) to know they know feck all about him.

A good few utd fans have equally harsh if not more so words for Kenny when they wouldn't exactly be too well acquainted with the man either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

El Spearo wrote: »
    I feel like its xmas eve.

Let's hope the game isn't a turkey! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

It's not meant to prove or disprove anything, using it as such cheapens the whole thing. Getting into willy waving over how great a humanitarian Ferguson is because he extended a hand in a time of immense tragedy seems extraordinary stupid as you would expect nothing less. It's a decent human response that you would expect from anyone who doesn't have some sort of devil in them. (Excuse that :pac:)

No one believes he's some evil incarnate monster but he looks after the interest of his own club Man United and as such that isn't the interest of Liverpool so yes I dislike the man greatly from a footballing bubble view point. Things have happened within that bubble as to why I dislike him greatly which have real world consequences but they're all football related. I'm sure you have view of Suarez/Kenny?

That day had nothing to do with football.

It's funny related to the same point, I was reading some reaction from Man United fans who said they didn't enjoy watching the first episode of 'Being Liverpool' because watching players like Gerrard at home with his family he seemed to come across as a decent guy and they didn't want to lose the demon facade that they placed on the player. Football is far better with the pantomime villains.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

how do you know him :confused:

what really kills me is this......united arent that great. they havent been in years, thats why we beat them a lot, cos we sure as **** arent great! but we obviously raise our game, release the titans, summon the kraken, and other such superflous ****e.

have no fear liverpool will win. tis in the stars. remember the big shooting star on friday night? a ****ing sign, united yer time is over we're coming back.

It's not meant to prove or disprove anything, using it as such cheapens the whole thing. Getting into willy waving over how great a humanitarian Ferguson is because he extended a hand in a time of immense tragedy seems extraordinary stupid as you would expect nothing less. It's a decent human response that you would expect from anyone who doesn't have some sort of devil in them. (Excuse that :pac:)

One of many. He was the first to support Hughes when he was sacked and many managers always had only good words for him. This doesn't prove anything, but it adds to his ever growing list ;)

And no it's not stupid to use this as something to prove about SAF. What's stupid is posting something silly about a person you don't even know.

I have views on Kenny and Suarez and those are only football related and as a manager and player. I dont think anyone posted anything about Suarez off the field. It's everything on the field stuff. Same with Dalglish. But the way some Liverpool fans go about SAF, any non football fan would think he is sort of mafia lead.

Edit: I'm done with this as this has nothing to do with the game. Point was I was not trying to be a smart arse, just wanted to point out how many managers have said nice words about SAF but still people think he is a *insert random insult* man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It is better than Liverpool's however. A 36 year old Paul Scholes pissed on your midfield twice last season. I had friends who were in the Kop for the FA cup game, that said they were never so happy to see a player taken off. That feeling was reflected by those around them. He would be one of Liverpool top performers if he were there. As would Carrick. People forget how everyone was raving about Carrick in his late Spurs days. He would stand out for a midtable side, as shown there. It's only when he came to United and was partnered by Scholes in his pomp and with quality around him, that people realised his limitations. Still, put him in an average side and he would come across as a top performer

Most of that Liverpool midfield from last season isn't at the club now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

what really kills me is this......united arent that great. they havent been in years, thats why we beat them a lot, cos we sure as **** arent great! but we obviously raise our game, release the titans, summon the kraken, and other such superflous ****e.

have no fear liverpool will win. tis in the stars. remember the big shooting star on friday night? a ****ing sign, united yer time is over we're coming back.

Ye've been coming back for a long while at this stage...

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ye've been coming back for a long while at this stage...

yah. tis fighting talk. i believe we will win. we shouldnt even be able to compete with yous. but we will. best of luck mate raheem an luis are coming to get ya:p

united yer time is over we're coming back.
    Worst start to a league in how many years?? :pac:

Aquila wrote: »
    Whats the stats in this fixture over the last 20 years?who has had the most victories?
    United have not won there in the league since 2007 I think??
    Before that Liverpool had not won in 6 seasons.
    We are well due a win,wouldn't be putting any cash on it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

yah. tis fighting talk. i believe we will win. we shouldnt even be able to compete with yous. but we will. best of luck mate raheem an luis are coming to get ya:p
    Jesus, I hope your trolling at this stage.

• Advertisement

Worst start to a league in how many years?? :pac:

aaahhhh mate. we are awful:D but that wont count for anything tomorrow:D

remember when alex took over? it took a few years for him to get things going? success doesnt come overnight. fergie was on the verge of a sacking. we are on the bottom , and the only way is up. we're coming back :pac:

aaahhhh mate. we are awful:D but that wont count for anything tomorrow:D

remember when alex took over? it took a few years for him to get things going? success doesnt come overnight. fergie was on the verge of a sacking. we are on the bottom , and the only way is up. we're coming back :pac:
    Admire the optimism :)
    It would be no great surprise to me if Liverpool won comfortably,it would also be no great surprise if we walloped them off the park either.
    It's one of those games....

Jesus, I hope your trolling at this stage.

nope. i seriously believe we will win. thats not trolling. you need to put it up to united to beat them. they are not a great team at the moment.

for the amount of support they have, the number of seats at old trafford, the amount of money coming into your club, they should be streets ahead. but somethings wrong. when you have paul scholes being wheeled out on his zimmerframe, well, then somethings wrong.

i wish yous luck tomorrow, yis are gonna need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Please, please win Liverpool! For sooo many reasons!

Admire the optimism :)
    It would be no great surprise to me if Liverpool won comfortably,it would also be no great surprise if we walloped them off the park either.
    It's one of those games....

ah jaysus cambo, it would be a surprise if you walloped us off the park:D

but truly, i agree, its one of those games, a funny bounce of the ball, we hammer yous,or, yous sneak one against us.

either way, 2 great northern sides. its the way its always been. best of luck mate:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement