Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United 23rd September 2012 K/O 1.30 PM (MOD NOTE #1, #254)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

emo72 wrote: »
    nope. i seriously believe we will win. thats not trolling. you need to put it up to united to beat them. they are not a great team at the moment.
    What? United lost the league on goal difference last season, hardly "not a great team at the moment"
    for the amount of support they have, the number of seats at old trafford, the amount of money coming into your club, they should be streets ahead. but somethings wrong. when you have paul scholes being wheeled out on his zimmerframe, well, then somethings wrong.
    What?
    i wish yous luck tomorrow, yis are gonna need it.
    What are you talking about? I don't support either club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

aaahhhh mate. we are awful:D but that wont count for anything tomorrow:D

remember when alex took over? it took a few years for him to get things going? success doesnt come overnight. fergie was on the verge of a sacking. we are on the bottom , and the only way is up. we're coming back :pac:

Do you remember the headline? with the royal reference?

"Fergies Bottom!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Admire the optimism :)
    It would be no great surprise to me if Liverpool won comfortably,it would also be no great surprise if we walloped them off the park either.
    It's one of those games....

Some real insight there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

What? United lost the league on goal difference last season, hardly "not a great team at the moment"

What?

What are you talking about? I don't support either club.

sorry mate, i didnt realise that. but you suggested im trolling? do you not think liverpool will win? and you're a neutral? ah here, leev eh ou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

monkey9 wrote: »
    Some real insight there!
    cat-yada-yada-71253080280.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Des wrote: »
    He passes the ball five or six yards sideways or backwards. Totes amazeballs.

Des passing on the MotD2 observations.

Allen showed a better display of passing before Lucas got injured, he hasn't since for some odd reason, can't imagine it has anything to do with Lucas!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Do you remember the headline? with the royal reference?

"Fergies Bottom!"

yeah. its terrible, the vagaries of modern football. a legend of a manager, in fairness, though it sickens me;) and the fans were screaming for his head. beggers belief so it does.

all that money and only 2 european cups though? poor bob paisley won three:pac: and that was in the hard days when you were beat you were out:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

zerks wrote: »
    Dalglish's comments on the game tommorow & Hillsborough.

How is that a revelation?

Its been known for years that Ferguson was very sympathetic to Hillsborough. It's one issue he has never played mind games on, makes perfect sense given Rangers history.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

all that money and only 2 european cups though? poor bob paisley won three:pac: and that was in the hard days when you were beat you were out:D

All what money? You do realise Liverpool have spent more than united in the last 20 years yeah?

And as for your point about United not being great because Liverpool beat them every so often, well that's nonsense. In 09, when United were on route to their third PL in a row and current Champions League holders, obviously a great side, and Liverpool hammered them at OT. The odd loss, even to one of their rivals, doesn't stop United being great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hoping for three things from this game.

1) A United win.
    2) RVP to score.
    3) Fans to show a bit of cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

yeah. its terrible, the vagaries of modern football. a legend of a manager, in fairness, though it sickens me;) and the fans were screaming for his head. beggers belief so it does.

"Three years of excuses and it's still crap...ta-ra Fergie."

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    All what money?

ah jaysus, surely we can agree liverpool is a corner shop and united a giant multinational conglomerate? its not that hard to imagine, cos its true? why do you need to go back 20 years? fer fecks sake we only have 44k at anfield yous have 80k? almost twice the income. no way have we spent more than yis. we dont have a proverbial pot to urinate in.

we have been a badly managed club since robinson left and moores took over. thats how united overtook us. no argument from me, its a simple fact. you have massive success in domestically but in europe have undelivered big time, united should have overtaken our european record, and thats where yous really want to beat us, but didnt. its not easy is it?

lets see what happens tomorrow, its a one off game, wont mean anything in the league, just the craic we all love.

Hoping for three things from this game.

3) Fans to show a bit of cop on.

amen to that, its badly needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ah jaysus, surely we can agree liverpool is a corner shop and united a giant multinational conglomerate? its not that hard to imagine, cos its true? why do you need to go back 20 years? fer fecks sake we only have 44k at anfield yous have 80k? almost twice the income. no way have we spent more than yis. we dont have a proverbial pot to urinate in.

www.transferleague.co.uk that site seems legit enough. United have a lower net and overall spend than Liverpool. Even if you question that sites validity, there's plenty more google can find you. These figures always seem to come as a shock to pool fans. That they've spent more than big bad commercial United. All this is despite United having a much greater profit year on year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

aaahhhh mate. we are awful:D but that wont count for anything tomorrow:D

remember when alex took over? it took a few years for him to get things going? success doesnt come overnight. fergie was on the verge of a sacking. we are on the bottom , and the only way is up. we're coming back :pac:

Say that to Hodgson.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    All what money?

we have been a badly managed club since robinson left and moores took over. thats how united overtook us. no argument from me, its a simple fact. you have massive success in domestically but in europe have undelivered big time, united should have overtaken our european record, and thats where yous really want to beat us, but didnt. its not easy is it?

lets see what happens tomorrow, its a one off game, wont mean anything in the league, just the craic we all love.
    That's the nature of the beast. There's so much money in the game now that a prolonged period of success will put you streets ahead if you invest well in the club.
    Also the Champions League has far more quality in it now.
    You won't be beating the champions of Wales on your way to picking up the trophy these days.

Okay guys. I need to put my head down. Tomorrow is a big day. Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Jaysus i can't wait for tomorrow. I dont give give a shite bout the suarez evra yoke just hope for a cracking game which obviously Liverpool come out on top of. Hopefully both set of fans do themselves proud, and this game nurses my hangover ha, YNWA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

nope. i seriously believe we will win. thats not trolling. you need to put it up to united to beat them. they are not a great team at the moment.

for the amount of support they have, the number of seats at old trafford, the amount of money coming into your club, they should be streets ahead. but somethings wrong. when you have paul scholes being wheeled out on his zimmerframe, well, then somethings wrong.

i wish yous luck tomorrow, yis are gonna need it.

Yeah something is wrong,a man on a zimmerframe is still streets ahead of the majority of midfielders in the EPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

we are on the bottom , and the only way is up.

Just as an FYI, that's not exactly how relegation works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

redzerdrog wrote: »
    honestly if i was given the chance to sign one liverpool player, id struggle to pick one. very few of them would get into the current united first team, if any.

Johnson, agger, lucas, allen, gerrard, suarez would get into the current utd team and then players like shelvey and henderson would get plenty of game time in that utd midfield
    Sorry but I really don't get the Lucas love in. He plays a good game, gets injured and suddenly he is world class?

Nearly every week when I read the liverpool match thread, it is usually filled with " shelvey needs to be replaced, with who? Please not Henderson."

Suddenly they are good enough to play for united? Those players would struggle to get game time at west ham united, never mind man united.

The game has not even begun, it is 8:35 in the morning and I am extremely entertained. Thank you, keep up the good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

As a man with no Premier League allegiances, I would very much like to see United destroy Liverpool today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Sorry but I really don't get the Lucas love in. He plays a good game, gets injured and suddenly he is world class?

Nearly every week when I read the liverpool match thread, it is usually filled with " shelvey needs to be replaced, with who? Please not Henderson."

Suddenly they are good enough to play for united? Those players would struggle to get game time at west ham united, never mind man united.

The game has not even begun, it is 8:35 in the morning and I am extremely entertained. Thank you, keep up the good work.

No one is basing Lucas'ability on one game. He had been their best player over an extended period of time. Said it earlier, he's the one Liverpool player that I'd love to see at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

As a man with no Premier League allegiances, I would very much like to see United destroy Liverpool today.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

An over excited ref to ruine the game today and comfortable win for UTD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

By ruin the game I hope you don't fall into the trap of thinking that ANY red card = game ruined, especially if it's a player from the team you support sent off for an incredibly obvious red-cardable offence, or stonewall penalty against the team you support.

That goes for both teams, the ref is going to make decisions, some of which you won't agree with, and some of which you will pretend aren't that bad, but if they were given against your team, you'd be up in arms. That doesn't make the ref a shítcúnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Des wrote: »
    By ruin the game I hope you don't fall into the trap of thinking that ANY red card = game ruined, especially if it's a player from the team you support sent off for an incredibly obvious red-cardable offence, or stonewall penalty against the team you support.

That goes for both teams, the ref is going to make decisions, some of which you won't agree with, and some of which you will pretend aren't that bad, but if they were given against your team, you'd be up in arms. That doesn't make the ref a shítcúnt.

Des we are both singing off the same hymn sheet but I think we both know and have witnessed big games that got to the ref more than the players on the pitch and hence over reaction/decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I think united should bring Gary Neville and Roy Keane back just for the derby games ;) Jesus Neville wound Kop up lol

Really gotta say it lots didn't like Neville but he is Manchester United to his core and I respect him for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Before the emotions run too high, can anyone advise me of a good bar in Kilkenny town to watch the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Before the emotions run too high, can anyone advise me of a good bar in Kilkenny town to watch the match?

Egans to of John St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It's a city ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

It's a city ;).

Only by name :p

It's a city ;).

My bad, and what a city aswell ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

396571_424839484241639_1917012595_n.jpg

Egans to of John St.

Perfect tipsy thank you I shall head for egans, that's the panic over just pre match nerves to deal with now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Perfect tipsy thank you I shall head for egans, that's the panic over just pre match nerves to deal with now!

Get there early enough. From what I can remember there aren't all that many seats there. Most of them are up against the wall beside the screen.

The only time I was there it was full enough and that was just for a match v West Brom or someone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Lindegaard starting for United, happy with that.
    MirrorFootball ‏@MirrorFootball

OOH! RT @SamWallaceIndy: Lindegaard came out on his own to inspect the Anfield pitch. Surely would only do that if he was starting, right?

Outside the Anfield Rd(away) end

A3eIWk-CAAANNpc.jpg

@OfficialFC20 #MUFC Lindegaard, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, Nani, RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cmon United!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

1 hour to shìtstorm :eek:
    Think I'll be bowing out of this thread until this evening.
    May your mods be lenient and your words be well chosen.
    Good luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

De Gea is far better than Lindegaard bar that I'm pretty happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Anyone know who today's ref is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

double GG wrote: »
    @OfficialFC20 #MUFC Lindegaard, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, Nani, RVP

Strong team. Delighted there's no Scholes however

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Liverpool must get something from this game. A loss is unthinkable.

De Gea is far better than Lindegaard bar that I'm pretty happy.

Is Lindegaard stronger when coming for corners? Thats the only reason i could see him being put in

fox007 wrote: »
    Anyone know who today's ref is?

Mike Dean.

Confirmed #LFC team: Reina, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Borini, Sterling, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Enrique, Sahin, Assaidi, Henderson, Carragher, Suso.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Lindegaard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Lindegaard preferred to De Gea for such a big game surely shows what Fergie thinks?

Opr

Advertisement