Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septic Nipple

• 17-09-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

So I was just twiddling with my nipple ring and all of a sudden some puss came out, I got it maybe two months ago but it is still a bit stiff to twiddle around.

I have the other one pierced as well but it was no hassle to me.

If I were to just take it out would I be putting my nippys health at risk? Should I just sea salt soak until the infection goes away?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

Hello folks,

So I was just twiddling with my nipple ring and all of a sudden some puss came out, I got it maybe two months ago but it is still a bit stiff to twiddle around.

I have the other one pierced as well but it was no hassle to me.

If I were to just take it out would I be putting my nippys health at risk? Should I just sea salt soak until the infection goes away?

Cheers.

I would continue with the bathing, nipples can take a good few months to heal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

That's totally normal, just your nipple healing itself. Mine still does it from time to time over a year later!

What you have described sounds normal, but if you do suspect an infection then don't take it out. Go see you're piercer to confirm it is an infection or not.

How often are you cleaning it? At 2 months in you should be sea-salt soaking it a few times a week anyway, and clean away any crusty bits everyday in the shower with soap.

Careful how often and how vigorously you are "twiddling" with it too. I was told it takes up to a year till you can be really rough on it without damaging the healing.

Advertisement