Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frostbite 2 engine finds a strange new home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

If it's one thing that the F2 engine does well is gfx and sound, just depends if Bioware make the most of it in terms of story/gameplay/design. DA2 was a big let down for me, so I'm definitely not going to preorder like I did DA2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EA must either really have faith in FB2, or is just gonna milk it for every last drop.

FB2 will also be the basis for Mass Effect 4.

http://kotaku.com/5959778/the-next-mass-effect-is-is-being-made-on-the-battlefield-3-graphics-engine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'd say it cost them so much to make that they will use it for most of their games now

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

These days there's only a few game engines running most of the games. Unreal tech or Crytech engines mostly. EA are probably hoping Frostbite becomes as popular since their using it for a C&C game as well. Biggest problem with Frostbite games seems to be those huge patches to even fix the smallest of bugs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement