Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeywell vs HKC

Options
  • 17-09-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I spoke with 3 different alarm providers and all 3 indicated they used the HKC securewave system. One indicated that HKC was not as reliable as it use to be and suggested that we install a "honeywell system" as it was more reliable, easier to get parts etc.

Our House has been pre-wired. We have 9 windows and aside from the Front & Back Door we also have one set of double doors. We have been wired for a number of internal motion sensors too. GSM - SMS alerting would be a requirement. I'd also like to view/set/unset the alarm status from the internet if possible.

I understand that HKC is the most widely used in Ireland and there seems to be very limited information on Boards about 'Honeywell alarms'.
    Was this a sales and marketing job to get us to buy a "honeywell" and spend 50 euro more?
    What would you recommend for our requirements ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Which Honeywell panel was specified in the quote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

colouth wrote: »
    Hi,
    I spoke with 3 different alarm providers and all 3 indicated they used the HKC securewave system. One indicated that HKC was not as reliable as it use to be and suggested that we install a "honeywell system" as it was more reliable, easier to get parts etc.

Dont think he knows what he is talking about re the HKC..
    Parts not available :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For the internet access the Siemens 4320 or 5320 may suit you better.
    Some links & information in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Sounds familiar .! Did he mention anything regarding HKCs keypad , not to use shock sensors?
    HKC securewave or Siemens would be the ones to have a look at .. The main difference is the remote access on the Siemens system but HKC are due to release this feature shortly !! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colouth

Thanks everyone for the prompt and helpful responses. I was trying to find out which "honeywell system" was being recommended. Haven't got that information yet.

Sounds like the Siemens is the only one at present that will meet all my requirements (remote internet access) until HKC bring out there system. Is that right?

Could any of you give an approximate cost for the above system ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Siemens SPC 4320 with keypad is around €250-€300

HKC will be releasing the new gear in October

HKC will be releasing the new gear in October

I'm still waiting on confirmation on this. It appears HKC have opted for radio silence. From previous experience that never a good sign. Their IP is still a longer way off I'd say.

Hopefully it won't take too long

Hopefully it won't take too long

Its on test a good while now. The app will be next year.

• Advertisement

Wonder will it work or a wifi connection

altor wrote: »
    Its on test a good while now. The app will be next year.

Can we expect a working IP panel before the app??:confused:

I'd say so .. The app will more then likely come shortly afterwards

Just wondering what next year means?
    If its Jan/feb for an app we really should be hearing about the panels now...:confused:
    Then again , from experience, HKCs dates are usually + a few months.

Even so .. They'll be we'll worth the wait .. Can't wait to swap mine out

If it comes up to the Siemens standard . If it ends up like Aritech's it will be a big anti-climax.

I'd say it will be well up to the standards of the Siemens if not better since its newer

I'd say it will be well up to the standards of the Siemens if not better since its newer

That doesn't equate. Its the R & D resources that go into it.
    For example compare Smartlink to SPC Pro...
    Aritech was to be newer & better & that was quite a let down.

What do you call newer ?the software or the hardware.?

Newer software = better security

Or it could be equal to Siemens

If you going by software then Siemens release updates every few months,.
    SPC is improving security & features all the time/
    Look up on mapping gates & all ok zones. 2 features I love.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Can we expect a working IP panel before the app??:confused:

Yes we can. It can be remotely accessed over the browser of any phone until the release of the app.

So have we a date or expected time frame?
    Unfortunately we are not getting any info from HKC here of late.

October was the date I was told and the app next year.
    HKC wont release it unless they are happy with it.
    Looking good from all accounts..

Wait & see I suppose...
    Their consistent, Ill give them that..;)

That is all we can do...

Advertisement