Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double up or mid line milking parlor

Options
  • 17-09-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Calling all dairy farmers I am going about a new parlor the current one is a basic 5 unit double up parlor that is 40 years old. I am intending to milking 100 cows no more than 120. in this part of the country we farmers like to finish milking and be home for 6.30 quality of life is important so in another words I would like to milk the cows (excluding spring time) in under an hour and the milking done properly. most of my nebiours would have 16 - 20 unit parlors the sales reps are saying 18 units but one sales reps is wanting me to install a 10 unit double up (in real terms that is a 15 unit parlor) his reason for this is that the cows will be milked properly in an hour but I will be able to spend time on prepping the cow before milking her and hence better quality milk.
    what my question is are there any farmers out there who installed double up parlor on a green field site or go with the gang and put in a mid line parlor and those with a double up are you happy in that parlor. I intend going with full bells and whisles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

patD22 wrote: »
    Calling all dairy farmers I am going about a new parlor the current one is a basic 5 unit double up parlor that is 40 years old. I am intending to milking 100 cows no more than 120. in this part of the country we farmers like to finish milking and be home for 6.30 quality of life is important so in another words I would like to milk the cows (excluding spring time) in under an hour and the milking done properly. most of my nebiours would have 16 - 20 unit parlors the sales reps are saying 18 units but one sales reps is wanting me to install a 10 unit double up (in real terms that is a 15 unit parlor) his reason for this is that the cows will be milked properly in an hour but I will be able to spend time on prepping the cow before milking her and hence better quality milk.
    what my question is are there any farmers out there who installed double up parlor on a green field site or go with the gang and put in a mid line parlor and those with a double up are you happy in that parlor. I intend going with full bells and whisles

Hi there, & Welcome to Boards :)

You should try the Farming forum right here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

patD22 wrote: »
    I intend going with full bells and whisles
    OOOOOOOh really! This is what you're after so!!!!! Robots.

Press play their, I set it to the spot.

Advertisement