Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: iphone 5 vs SGSIII vs Lumia 920

Options
  • 17-09-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

So there has been a lot of hype about the iphone 5 and lumia 920 in the last few weeks and today I noticed what I can only imagine is a heavily distorted poll on wired.com so I think we should have a poll to see what the boardsies think...

it would also be interesting to know if you do think the 920 is as big a winner as the wired poll says it is and why?

which would you buy? 120 votes

iphone 5
    0% 0 votes
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    24% 29 votes
    Nokia Lumia 920
    75% 91 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Poll closes at 16-12-2012 at 17:21, do we really need to wait months? Wouldn't a week or 2 be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

can you not view the results until it closes? I'll just set the poll to always show? I thought you could view it after you voted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Poll closes at 16-12-2012 at 17:21, do we really need to wait months? Wouldn't a week or 2 be fine

I would have just waited for a day or two. This thread will be long forgotten in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Poll is viewable now at any time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

A Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm not a fan of Windows phones but Nokia does make great hardware.
    Toss-up between that and the ip5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭coolbeans

AntiVirus wrote: »
    A Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 for me. :)

Currently own a Samsung Galaxy 2. It's a great phone but my head would be turned by the Nokia if it lives up to the hype. Absolutely no interest in the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Am I the only one who noticed the weight of the Nokia? :confused:

Am I the only one who noticed the weight of the Nokia? :confused:

No why? I think I'll be able to manage lifting the extra 2oz :P

• Advertisement

Nearly 7 ounces is a savage weight for a phone well above average. You'll notice it swinging in your pocket.

Nearly 7 ounces is a savage weight for a phone well above average. You'll notice it swinging in your pocket.

Lets be honest 7 ounces is not a savage weight, if you have a problem with an extra 2oz the phone is not for you. I'd be suprised if your keys or your wallet doesn't weigh more than 7oz. Also most people put on covers that would make their current phone bigger and heavier than 7oz. If anything it would be the size that some people would have a problem with.

My Rolex weighs more than the phone! :pac:

I use a play and that's on the heavy end of phones, The Nokia is even heavier. It's going to feel like a brick compared to the iphone5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Yellow or Red 920 for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

Yellow, cyan or white Lumia 920 for me. Windows Phone beats Android and iOS already, with WP8 it will be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I think windows phone is aesthetically my favourite of the three but it has a long way to go before I'd consider it. I like iPhone hardware but until I can use widgets and settings toggles and change the keyboard etc I could never switch to that platform. Android is, in my opinion at least, the most versatile OS so I'm gonna stick with my s3 for the foreseeable future :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

At this stage I'd need to have my hands on all three to make a decision.

Everything from the interface to the specs is now too close to decide on the basis of past form or user reviews.

The Lumia wins out on looks as far as I can see, but I have my doubts that a Windows OS can work at the same level of smoothness and intuitiveness as iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

A cyan 920 for me I reckon, although I'll probably wait for the early reviews first.

Yes Cyan does seem to exist http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/17/3347780/nokia-lumia-920-cyan-color-teaser-video

Currently an iPhone 4 user, former android and symbian.
    Always liked the look of windows phone and I think desktop windows 8 will drive some more app development for it.
    The iOS app ecosystem is hard to beat but I'll still have an iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I've a GS3 But my next is the lumia 920 for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

Mother of god the iPhone is taking a hammering, it will be interesting to see if the Nokia really is that popular, I'm finding it hard to believe but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

920 for me, undecided on colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

IPhone 4s user, thinking about moving to the Lumia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭fits

Would love a 920 :D Cant wait until they come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The Nokia is way heavier but for me its a good trade off if the camera is really that good. The wireless charging probably adds to the weight, but is another pretty cool feature. I think thats why the iPhone is losing out: there's no killer feature or gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I phone user (and keen amateur photographer!) here, I'm seriously tempted to go for the Nokia next year,when my contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

IPhone 4s user, thinking about moving to the Lumia.

Doh. Was thinking about the Lumia til I read that it's 32gb with no memory card slot. I'll stick with my 64gb 4S for now - just have too much music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

Doh. Was thinking about the Lumia til I read that it's 32gb with no memory card slot. I'll stick with my 64gb 4S for now - just have too much music.

Yeah but it's worth it when you have Nokia's Mix Radio service. The best music streaming service around since it's available without any sign-in, curated by music professionals. Also allows you to download four genre stations to the phone for offline listening.

Advertisement