Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIN LIZZY New Album

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Brian Downey only wanted to play under the Thin Lizzy name.
    So the new NOT THIN LIZZY BAND that’s coming in 2013 will have a new drummer, Jimmy Degrasso, Damon johnson, Ricky, Marco Mendoza and Scott Gorham.
    Brian’s a little tired of the road, and Darren Wharton has a movie soundtrack he wants to complete and stuff with his own band Dare.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well how did you get on ?
    i got on good. I was sitting up in one of the Boxes for the show and the meet and greet happened in the bar downstairs. Got photos and autographs with everyone except Brian Downey.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i got on good. I was sitting up in one of the Boxes for the show and the meet and greet happened in the bar downstairs. Got photos and autographs with everyone except Brian Downey.

Lucky for you i got you some in case while i was in the hotel that afternoon the boys were staying there.
    Two are dedicated to you.
    I was in bar also did you meet joe elliot.
    Spent a few minutes with him.
    He is sound.
    Larry mullen of U2 was also there in the other bar.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lucky for you i got you some in case while i was in the hotel that afternoon the boys were staying there.
    He is sound.

Bono was at the Horslips gig last night

He is sound.

No didnt see Joe Elliot (i saw someone who looked like him down in the front row but is imagine he would not be standing at the gig).

Cheers for the autographs man ill pm my home address so you can post them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How much did ye throw away on those VIP tickets?

I had a lizzy pass .
    But vip tickets to meet and greet were 125 euros i believe.
    Thats not bad considering what the likes of ronan keating is looking for:D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No didnt see Joe Elliot (i saw someone who looked like him down in the front row but is imagine he would not be standing at the gig).

Cheers for the autographs man ill pm my home address so you can post them.

Your welcome
    I will post them monday to you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone catch Sal Vitro?

Bono was at the Horslips gig last night

Did he avoid people or mingle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Anyone catch Sal Vitro?

yeah Red I did, really liked the lead singers voice, IMO just don't think that's the band for him, certainly not the style of music he could be doing - he'd be terrific in a bluesy rock band, from the 1st minute I thought he'd see The Black Crowes before ;-) still enjoyable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Black Star Riders, new band name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

NIBBS wrote: »
    yeah Red I did, really liked the lead singers voice, IMO just don't think that's the band for him, certainly not the style of music he could be doing - he'd be terrific in a bluesy rock band, from the 1st minute I thought he'd see The Black Crowes before ;-) still enjoyable enough

Saw them at the Pre-Vibe for Philo in the Grand Social the other day,

They did two brilliant covers, A Song for while I'm away and Dear Miss Lonely Hearts, then one of their own.

Have to say like yourself I really liked the lead singers voice, especially with the Lizzy numbers - which had that bluesy rock band feel to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

rednik wrote: »
    Black Star Riders, new band name.

Very apt name ... Phil was a Black Star and they've been ridin' him for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

First song released from the album ... have to admit it's pretty good and very Lizzy ... Waiting For An Alibi springs to mind ...

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/music_and_videos/online-premiere-black-star-riders-bound-for-glory/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

RayCon wrote: »
    First song released from the album ... have to admit it's pretty good and very Lizzy ... Waiting For An Alibi springs to mind ...

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/music_and_videos/online-premiere-black-star-riders-bound-for-glory/[/QUOTE]

More like 'Get out of here' from the same album,

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Gmol wrote: »
    RayCon wrote: »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/music_and_videos/online-premiere-black-star-riders-bound-for-glory/[/QUOTE]

More like 'Get out of here' from the same album,

Southbound/Ailibi mash-up. Like it a lot though

good song very Lizzy sounding. Phil would be proud

<Snip>

New remastered verison of VH1 Thin Lizzy Behind The Music.

As per the charter,no links to torrents/sites hosting copyrighted material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Black Star Riders are playing the Academy on Dec 14th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement