Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 50/100/150mb broadband

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Upgraded myself, for free, from 120mbps to 150mpbs

Unlike some other people, I ain't complaining about what is by far the best (and best value) broadband internet connection in this country...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

unkel wrote: »
    Upgraded myself, for free, from 120mbps to 150mpbs
    How'd you manage that? :) I have 120 myself, not too bothered about getting 150, but if it were free...I could be persuaded :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I think somebody else mentioned it in this thread? Anyway, rang them up last week and asked for the upgrade. No problem, got it straight away (within minutes) free of charge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I rang them today, no dice unless I wanted to pay another fiver, I think I'm still under a new contract (I got HD a few months ago) so playing the "customer loyalty" card won't work just now. 120Mb is plenty to be getting along with anyway :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

TheDoc wrote: »
    That was one month, and the first month we got the 100mb in, so we went a bid mad :)

I'm wondering what people are doing it month after month after month..

I've never complained about the cap

We hit 1TB last month. First time since we got UPC. We don't torrent but use Netflix a lot.

As I said in my letter to UPC a family using our speedy broadband connection to avail of the rich online streaming services such as Netflix is far from misusing the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but does the advertised prices, i.e. €44 a month for 50 mb broadband and phone, include VAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭dunworth1

which email address do you use to ask what your download is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

This is probably gonna sound awfully stupid but ah well.

I have a Scientific Atlanta EPC 2203 modem (UPC- few years ago) hooked up to a Belkin Router. I have the 30mb package and am looking to upgrade to the 50mb.

- Do I definitely need a new UPC Router/Modem combo? (Cisco or whatever)
    - Will I definitely get charged the €45 for this?

Also, in measuring your data allowance, what have you found to be the best/easiest method of doing so?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Do you need a gigabit ethernet card for speeds over 100mbs ? I have a 10/100 card in my current computer and am just been upgraded to 150mb by UPC .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

dak wrote: »
    Do you need a gigabit ethernet card for speeds over 100mbs ? I have a 10/100 card in my current computer and am just been upgraded to 150mb by UPC .

You do indeed.

You would get max 90 odd Mb through a 10/100 card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement