Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrel lent

Options
  • 17-09-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Have a steyr prohunter 243 and I'm thinking of shortening the barrel

What the legal lenght ?

And the pros and cons most of the stuff il be shooting won't be past 300 yards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

TriggerPL wrote: »

What the legal lenght ?

50cm is the lowest you can go I think

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What the legal lenght ?
    50cm is the legal limit you can cut it down to.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.james1984

What the legal lenght ?

may i ask why you would shorten it

.james1984 wrote: »
    may i ask why you would shorten it

Probably the same reason I want a shorter barrel. Less weight, more portability and easier handling. Mine is a pig for me with a mod and I dont need the weight any more.

a right. i had one in 243 in my hand earlier and i see what you mean about the weight. thanks

• Advertisement

.james1984 wrote: »
    a right. i had one in 243 in my hand earlier and i see what you mean about the weight. thanks

no worries. Mine is a Tikka Tactical with a 24 inch barrel and Ase utra stainless moderator and its a ton! I am going to change it, pity as i have not even broken it in :(

what cal is it in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

Most of the stalking I do is in tick cover in one area and find the barrel get caught on everything , it will be more movable in between trees also !

Advertisement