Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a school to repeat in

• 17-09-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

i am a current repeat student lookign for a school to repeat in, could anybody suggest any repeart colleges or ordinary schools that I could repeat in.
    I live in Lucan.
    also if you could note the location and the price range of the school, ( fairly cheap ones would be appreciated).
    Ive tried out 2, marina college and o connels but both are too expensive for me
    (700 and 1100 )
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ringsend Technical Institute (CDVEC)?
    Rathmines College (CDVEC)?

You might have left it a bit late for this year though.

Is that Marian College charging €700?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hanker

spurious wrote: »
    Ringsend Technical Institute (CDVEC)?
    Rathmines College (CDVEC)?

You might have left it a bit late for this year though.

Is that Marian College charging €700?

Yup,
    thanks for the websites .
    would you happen to know the fee for rathmine, cant find it on the website

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

CDVEC schools are public owned schools and not in the business of making money out of repeats. I would say their fees would be similar to Ringsend's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Anyusername

I contacted both Rathmines Vec and Bray.

Rathmines €300, € 150 if you have a medical card.
    Bray €800 standard and €25 to apply for an interview which is non refundable.

The Dublin Vecs offer a much better selection of subjects apart from Ag Science.
    Hope this helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Anyusername

Hi spurious, is the BIFE in Bray not a CDVEC?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi spurious, is the BIFE in Bray not a CDVEC?
    Thanks

No - if it's VEC at all (which I don't know for sure), it would be Wicklow VEC.

CDVEC schools with Further Education sections are:

Ballsbridge College of Further Education
    Ballyfermot College of Further Education
    Cabra Community College
    Kylemore College, Ballyfermot
    Whitehall College of Further Education
    St. Kevin's College, Clogher Road, Crumlin
    Colaiste Dhulaigh - College of Further Education, Coolock and Raheny
    Crumlin College of Further Education
    Inchicore College of Further Education
    Colaiste Ide - College of Further Educaiton, Finglas
    Killester College of Further Education
    Liberties College
    Marino College of Further Education
    Plunket College, Swords Road, Whitehall
    Rathmines College
    Ringsend College
    Pearse College of Further Education, Crumlin

Not all of the above would have repeat Leaving, but many have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jessie Clarke

Institute of Education has a pretty good rep!! So, so expensive though, I think 700ish is the norm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I thought Institute of Education was about 5k. :O either that or has gone down dramatically... xD

The OP asked for schools to repeat in.
    Repeat businesses always charge more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hanker

Thanks for all your information, I will be checking a few of the schools to see if they suit me, location, subject and of course price wise.
    Wish me luck, hope they still have spaces.
    and agian thank you all for the replies, such nice people on these boards !:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Hi don't want to dissapoint you but you have left it quite late, i am repeating in rathmines this year and we have had classes for almost two weeks now, they said they usually take 120 repeats, they took 130 this year, i highly doubt they will be letting anyone else in. Institute is not 700! i wish. It is around 4 grand , try ringsend? or plunketts? I hope you can get a place, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

amyleaving wrote: »
    Hi don't want to dissapoint you but you have left it quite late, i am repeating in rathmines this year and we have had classes for almost two weeks now, they said they usually take 120 repeats, they took 130 this year, i highly doubt they will be letting anyone else in. Institute is not 700! i wish. It is around 4 grand , try ringsend? or plunketts? I hope you can get a place, good luck

institute of education is 7grand 6.7grand rounded off i know because im in it atm :P

I'm sure it's worth every penny.

Asked and answered. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement