Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating Year & Need Help

Options
  • 17-09-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I failed 3rd year and was hoping to repeat the year but I cant find any information about repeating the year anywhere.
    All I know is you can repeat externally or internally.

If anyone could give me any information it would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Talk to your department head and ask if you can do exam-only repeats for the subjects you failed. That will mean only sitting the exams without having to attend the classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 urriefurrie

Hi padraig102 I would definitely be thinking you should be able to repeat the year externally as you will have completed the 3rd year program, labs etc. If you repeat internally the advantage maybe to get increased marks for assignments etc. but you will 100% definitely have to pay full fees for the year unfortunately if you do decide on repeating internally. So your decision maybe down to what funds you have but I'd definitely reiterate Sierra 117 sentiments to contact your Department head also you could ask if there is exemptions for those subjects you did pass so as you don't need to sit them again. Hope that helps a bit Padraig102 good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Do you want to do a Level 8 year Padraig?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 padraig102

I got this information from the college:

INTERNALLY:

If you wish to Repeat Attend four subjects your fees will be determined by the amount of credits.
    Based on Repeat Attending Credits of Level 7 Ordinary Degree the Student Contribution is €38 per credit and the Tuition Fee is €12 per credit which would be as followed:

(1) -- 38 x credits = Student Contribution
    (2) -- 12 x credits = Tuition Fee

(1)+(2) = Total

The Repeat Student Attend Form can be obtained from you Head of School who must sign it off before returning it to the Registration Department.

EXTERNALLY:

If you choose to repeat the exams only there is a Flat Rate Exam Only Fee of €100.

Advertisement