Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made kids foods

Options
  • 17-09-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I have two questions. I m looking for chicken dishes for a four year old. I made chicken nuggets and he seems to like breaded food.

Tried meatballs and he did not like them much. Happy to stick with chicken for now but I have can't think of any more ideas.

Also, would it be safe to freeze the home made chicken nuggets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

I have two questions. I m looking for chicken dishes for a four year old. I made chicken nuggets and he seems to like breaded food.

Tried meatballs and he did not like them much. Happy to stick with chicken for now but I have can't think of any more ideas.

Also, would it be safe to freeze the home made chicken nuggets.

Think it would be fine to freeze the nuggets if the chicken wasnt defrosted to make them. I have made Anabel Karmels nuggets using crushed cornflakes and my son enjoyed them.

Does anyone know the nutritional value of fish fingers and waffles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

My kids like chicken tikka masala or butter chicken, and also tandoori chicken if its very mild. Satay chicken sticks are a winner too with noodles- the sauce is so easy just peanut butter, coconut milk, tomato puree and soy sauce. You can also cover vegetables in it to get them to eat it. If he likes breaded stuff then try chicken kiev. Roast chicken is always popular too and you can use the leftovers for sandwiches. Coronation chicken and chicken caesar salad are nice and fairly plain- my kids don't eat them but yours might. Also Avoca have a really good and easy plum chicken which is like a sweet chinese style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Maybe something like homemade mini pizzas, using pitta bread as the base. Just add tomato puree, cheese and chopped chicken pieces as the topping and give a few minutes under the grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Get a copy of something like THIS, myself and my daughter used to make the simpler recipes. You will get cheaper, link is just an example.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jeanadamz

I just don't know exactly what it is called but it is also a breaded chicken dish. Chicken meat and cheese are rolled into a flattened bread. When a friend have it cook for us it was great and delicious. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Anthonyk2010

Thanks for all the suggestions, some great ideas here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

You could try some of the simple mexican meals. They're colourful (tomatoes, peppers & cheese) and fun to eat (but potentially messy)
    Plus when you're doing wraps/enchiladas etc you can always sneak in a few veggies.

Advertisement