Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income Continuence Cover?

Options
  • 17-09-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I have had cause lately to have scans which have shown that I have cysts. The cysts are completey unrelated to the reason why I had the scans, however, as they've been spotted, they're going to be investigated further in a few weeks. Tests will more than likely amount to nothing. Apparently most women have some sort of cysts, and they are, for the vast majority, not dangerous.

Anyways, I've been meaning to sign up for an income continuence plan for years and have never gotten around to it. Recent events have put it back in my mind, and I was just wondering, if I was to sign up for it now, if I was to find that i have a health issue related to the cysts, would it be considered as pre-existing?
    Sorry for being long-winded!
    Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can't insure the horse after it's bolted. Hopefully it's all fine and you can get income protection after the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Fair enough! Thanks for the speedy reply.

I've heard that it's a particularly difficult thing to claim on anyways. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I never had to claim thankfully. Only took it out about a year ago.

Advertisement