Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guineys still trading ?

Options
  • 17-09-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Just heard on RTE News that Guineys in Dublin is to cease trading. No mention of the Cork store. Maybe its a franchise type , just trading under the Guineys name . Anyone have any update on this ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Just heard on RTE News that Guineys in Dublin is to cease trading. No mention of the Cork store. Maybe its a franchise type , just trading under the Guineys name . Anyone have any update on this ? :confused:

RTE said stores closing were in Talbot St, in Dublin city centre, Naas and Leopardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Nothing about the Cork store all right. Perhaps it's just those three that have ceased trading. Fingers crossed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

:p
    Nothing about the Cork store all right. Perhaps it's just those three that have ceased trading. Fingers crossed!
    why all they sell is tat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭moc8827

Guys Michael Guineys is not closing it's Guineys & Co
    that is it's nothing to do with Michael Guineys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

moc8827 wrote: »

Yes, it's Denis Guineys that's closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

why all they sell is tat
    These days thats all a lot of people can afford.
    Besides not everybody including myself is a slave to fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Phew thank god when i saw it I was like nooo.. Guinneys is fecking great for everything i would not be dissing it..Tis the last of the one stop shops left...Long may it live on..Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

moc8827 wrote: »

I presume you are referring to the shop on Oliver Plunkett St? It is part of the same Guineys that are in Dublin (it's just that the provincial outlets are safe...for now!)

http://michaelguineys.ie/index.php/store-information

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭moc8827

All Michael Guineys Shops have nothing to do with Guiney & Co.
    Guiney & Co belonged to Clearys. Michael Guineys is not shutting down

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

why all they sell is tat

Can't agree. Their curtains are excellent - great quality along with towels etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

PcAngel wrote: »
    Can't agree. Their curtains are excellent - great quality along with towels etc.

Let's settle for tatty! Shall we?

For the money I find them functional, I also find more sizes and it can be a one stop shop to outfit oneself for a few quid. :)

Advertisement