Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental prices at Gleesons butchers Blanchardstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

nudger wrote: »
    Of course he can, if he is a thick and doesn't want to stay in business.

Gleesons is handy when your in the center but if you go 2 km down the road to Rosemount B.P. Branagan's Meats will do the fillet steak for half the price.

I prefer ribeye at €15 a kilo.

Was up in Branagans today, their fillets are 27.70 a kilo. Or 22.50 if you buy the whole fillet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

nudger wrote: »
    As it's the company that I mentioned.

www.branaganmeats.com/

Fillet from €22 - €27.50 a kilo, hope they don't see this and up their prices.
    Justask wrote: »
    Was up in Branagans today, their fillets are 27.70 a kilo. Or 22.50 if you buy the whole fillet.

See, look what you've done.:(

Didn't get a chance to pop in anywhere today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Advertising works.. I took a trip to Branigans yesterday at 6 pm and picked up two massive sirloins for 6.50 each. now i know for a fact i would pay about 11 or 12 in a shop or normal butchers for that. i threw them in the freezer for a treat at the weekend.

Only got a chance to check Sweeney's and it's €40 a kilo.

It's good to support your local shops but it's becoming a luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

27.99 in Dunnes today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I I said thats very dear he said nah thats how much it costs so I said no thanks and went to Aldi in Clonee and got Irish angus 14 day matured fillet steak (restaurant quality) for €22 per kilo ... LITERALLY HALF PRICE AND TWICE THE QUALITY

I'm curious to know how, when you didn't buy it, you can know it's "twice the quality"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

mitosis wrote: »
    I'm curious to know how, when you didn't buy it, you can know it's "twice the quality"

"went to Aldi in Clonee and got Irish angus 14 day matured fillet steak" (restaurant quality)

Irish Angus is better than regular beef - matured for 14 days is better than regular beef - Gleesons were selling regular beef fillet.

Curiosity satisfied?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Pretty much all steaks are aged for at least two weeks, adds to the flavour and tenderises it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Gaspode wrote: »
    Pretty much all steaks are aged for at least two weeks, adds to the flavour and tenderises it.

That's what I was thinking, I thought 7 days was the norm for Supermarkets for their budget stuff and 14 from most butchers though I always look for 21 days myself.

Superquinn superior quality rib eye :pac:

Nolimits wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking, I thought 7 days was the norm for Supermarkets for their budget stuff and 14 from most butchers though I always look for 21 days myself.

Superquinn superior quality rib eye :pac:

Not sure if you are being sarky but had one of their "Cowboy" steaks a while back and would put it in my top 10 steaks of all time, it was cooked by a friend of mine who is a chef though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Superquinn sell consistently good quality beef - rarely have I been disappointed by their wares.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

He's paying high rent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ronan45 wrote: »
    :eek: did i hear you right kepak have a shop there at the cottage that the public can visit??:eek:
    yup, i was just there on thursday. got a whole beef fillet and massive cuberoll for €54.

the fillet is chopped up into nice fat steaks in the freezer and the cuberoll was just slow roasted on the bbq with a texas style dry rub.

it would have worked out perfectly, but I'm on-call for work and I got a call just before it was ready and although i turned the bbq off, there was enough residual heat in it and in the meat that it ended up overcooking. :(

it was still very tasty, just not as nice and juicy as i'd hoped it would be.

Advertisement