Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant application letter at registration

• 17-09-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Never showed my letter of grant application at registration because I didn't notice anyone looking for it.What should I do?Should I just let it go and see if I get the grant or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I'd send a copy in to the fees office to keep them off your back until your grant gets approved or rejected.They will only chase you for it anyway and it may stop some access to blackboard etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I think that you will still have to pay the registration fee as you cannot prove that you have been accepted for the grant. But, when you do get accepted, you get some sort of letter off your city/county council which you show to the fees office. The registration fee, minus the capitation fee, will be refunded to you by post (it was in my case anyway) near the end of the college year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I think that you will still have to pay the registration fee as you cannot prove that you have been accepted for the grant. But, when you do get accepted, you get some sort of letter off your city/county council which you show to the fees office. The registration fee, minus the capitation fee, will be refunded to you by post (it was in my case anyway) near the end of the college year.

Thanks for the reply,but they only wanted to see a confirmation of your application,not that you actually got the grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply,but they only wanted to see a confirmation of your application,not that you actually got the grant.

Are you sure this is correct?

I'm in a similar situation to yourself but was under the impression that you needed to provide evidence that you have been provisionally accepted for the grant, otherwise you are liable to pay the fees, which will be refunded to you once your grant comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Yeah they only wanted a letter to show that you have actually applied to SUSI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

So if I just print out a copy of my application from my email from SUSI and bring that to registration I won't have to pay the fees up front?

Will I still get issued with a student card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

danlen wrote: »
    So if I just print out a copy of my application from my email from SUSI and bring that to registration I won't have to pay the fees up front?

Will I still get issued with a student card?

Yes - as long as you've paid €155 capitation fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

You can email the grants office and get them to tell you if you've been provisionally accepted or not. They let it slip over the phone and I emailed them the next day to get it in writing.

If you're applying to SUSI that is

Advertisement