Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Hogs Of War for PSOne

Options
  • 18-09-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello all i'm looking for ps1 game called hogs of war
    Any idea where i could find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Ah, a new face. Welcome!

eBay is normally a good place to start - that's a link to a search for Hogs of War with some other junk that falls outside what you're looking for excluded. (I'm not presuming you've never heard of eBay, honest!)

If you already own a PlayStation its almost certainly a PAL region one (unless you imported a console?), so be sure to buy up a PAL region copy, and if you're buying from a seller in a non-English speaking country check that the game is the English language version before buying - PAL doesn't always mean English speaking.

Wikipedia says the game was also released on the PC too - since PAL versions run slowed down you may want to consider that option too.

If you were looking to buy form a bricks & mortar store, there's RAGE on Fade Street in Dublin (around the corner from the GPO arcade).

I'm hesitant to recommend them, since you're paying a premium compared to online prices, I buy my stuff online, and I don't have a PS1 collection so I don't know if you're getting value for money there.

I need go sleep now :p.

Ask if you'd like more info on anything, 'cept y'know piracy. The Arcade & Retro forum's charter is completely against spreading info on piracy, backups, where to get ROMs etc. While the guys are an easy going bunch here that stuff really is crossing the line. They don't like the site getting letters from game company lawyers.

At least ones that aren't Phoenix Wright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Moved to Arcade & Retro Trading & Swapping.

Thanks,
    LoGiE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

a5y wrote: »

Wikipedia says the game was also released on the PC too - since PAL versions run slowed down you may want to consider that option too.

Readily available, it is on a budget reprint label, the one with the thin grey and white stripes going down vertically, on the sleeve. Cheap as chips.

I loved this game at one point, there's a few bugs on the PS1 print that prevents a perfect run on some of the levels, not important, but worth mentioning, if you're fussy that way.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement